Mother of all block party threads and an over worked jimmy

Just awesome all the way around. Doesn't get much better. Good to see the Jimmy worked flawlessly.

good looking dog u have there sir. and that food looked amazing! glad the jimmy held up!
Thanks Josh! Tucker was glad to be hanging with me part of the day after his bout with that sickness and he got a ton of attention from the kids. lol

I'm glad it held up too...dang that little thing cooked a ton of food! It's so easy to manage and keep refueling for each cook.

That's awesome Keith, it's always fun drinking on public property, and an overworked jimmy is always a good thing!
One of the neighbors owns a bar so we had a bar setup on their porch....Little too much drinky for me! :becky:

Well if you ever need more space, I have a Louisiana whole hog pellet. Cooked 80 pounds pork butt few weeks back for daughters graduation. Sold another cooker to make room for a Yoder Durango, so should have that soon as well. Plenty of real estate for the big cooks.

Just awesome all the way around. Doesn't get much better. Good to see the Jimmy worked flawlessly.
It did GREAT Pj! It was a challenge hanging them all but after that it was smooth. Burned up the overloaded basket then just finished on a chimney. It sure is a good little cooker.

Well if you ever need more space, I have a Louisiana whole hog pellet. Cooked 80 pounds pork butt few weeks back for daughters graduation. Sold another cooker to make room for a Yoder Durango, so should have that soon as well. Plenty of real estate for the big cooks.
I might take you up on that! LOL, the party is growing each year. Nobody has the good food and fun that we have at this party. Mr. G's is down the street so he is a huge help too.

You're free to join us just to hang out and eat. You could catch up with some old neighbors!

Looked like a very nice block party. Your food turned out looking great. Nice work Keith! :thumb:
Thanks Andrew! I sure am sore and tired today but it was worth it for sure. :-D

That looks like a LOT of fun! What was the sauce the cut up breast were in? Everything looks great!
Thanks!

I used a stick of butter, added some red cooking wine and a container of chicken stock...then simmered it over the drum stick burner fire.

Seasoned the breast with some Jack Stack All Purpose...the combo rub then that butter bath after cooking was to die for.

Jaccard, then brined and hung, they were soooo tender and juicy.

Close, just North of Lakeside park on Alabama.

Now that we all know where Keith lives I'm sure he would not mind if we stopped by this evening for leftovers. How about it Keith? Are you and Jimmy up for a visit?

Now that we all know where Keith lives I'm sure he would not mind if we stopped by this evening for leftovers. How about it Keith? Are you and Jimmy up for a visit?
Sure! Only some PP left.... I'm dreaming of the chicken breast but it went fast! I don't even care for breast meat but I should have reserved a little back for the cook! :tsk:

America at her best!
Thanks for the pics and posts!
It really is! :-D A small group of the organizers really pitched in to make it happen smooth....everyone working together and we have each others backs.

Looks like you pulled it off! Great cook.

Touch and go trying at first trying to figure the best way to hang them but thank goodness it worked. lol

you were a busy guy and it all looks worth it!
very nice!!
I had a small break after pulling the butts off but the hour before the scheduled eat time was crazy! I don't know how some of y'all do so many big cooks.

I saw something like that in a movie once..........
I'm glad we do this in our neighborhood

I'm glad we do this in our neighborhood

When i was a kid living on Air Force Bases, Block Parties were common but never in my Adult Life. Not sure if its cuz we were on Base or cuz we were in Alabama, South Carolina and New jersey or cuz it was the 70's/80's or what compared to now. I know It's too fricken Hot here to do one till Fall atleast. :mad2:

We do, do Brethren Bashes tho........:mrgreen:

Edit: P.S. Looks like a Great Time, Kudos to you for cooking all Day.

Last edited:
Back