Morals and the Jack

Rules are rules. Not knowing the situation, hard to give much in the way of advice. I would NOT write a letter to Brown-Forman.

Good luck.

ML

Ethics can be loosely defined as actions you would take if no one was looking.
Case in point. Last year we won the Sam's club event in Conroe, Texas. No govenor's proclamation designating it as a state championship. In August we received letters from both the Royal and The Jack congratulating us on the win, with applications to both contests. I sent an e-mail to each, graciously thanking them for the invite, but, informing them that unless the rules had changed, we had not won a qualifier. I received an e-mail from both, thanking me for being honest and wishing me good luck in the future. I would hate to think what the consequences would have been if I hadn't done the right thing.

I do not know the circumstances the OP is alluding to. But, I suggest that you do the right thing, whtever that might be.

Robert

Wow. You are an awesome person. That's character and u hope good karma goes with you. Amazing

Claiming a contest that isn't a qualifier?
Oh, that's so 2010 and 2011.
whatever.gif

Now THATS the funniest thing ive read on here in a while. Thanks

I hope your not talking about one of the contest that Harry Soo won, he already has it posted on this website that he has 7 and has a email from JD confirming his invite.

I really don't get, why, with as many guns as some of the members have on here, this is a problem that cannot be resolved without coming in here. You are a trigger away from getting what you want!

this was kinda a random thought. My understanding was a team ( from VA,I think) got an invite and they later took it back a couple of years ago. I was just wondering about the motivation or how something like that could happen. I was thinking that possibly someone was tring to position them selfs better to get in the Jack, or that the organizer may have made a mistake.

I get so damn sick of shaded accusations and innuendoes from people on this forum. If you wish to accuse a competitor of wrong doing then sack up and name him or her and the contest in question, Scottie and Vince lend no credence to this post since they have hated Harry Soo for years and will never recognize what he is capable of doing. Have some balls, say what you mean or get the hell off the forum.

NUTZ

Aww boo hoo..how did any of this affect you or your team?..its just words typed on the net that you can chose to ignore why worry about it?.

Last edited:
Oh I have plenty of balls. but to come out and call someone, by name a cheat, using race as issue, embelishing their application is not the Brethren way. So for you to come out and think and point fingers may be off course. Although, I don't disagree with any of that. We aren't supposed to throw fellow Brethren under the bus, as you did. And I will also beg to differ that these are innuendos, as they have appeared on blogs, on radio inrterviews and print interviews. So it's not like I am making anything up.

But to throw race into a INVITATIONAL contest is above a low blow. Why would anyone throw that in a major corporations face? If you cared so much about a contest, why would you jeapordize the future of the contest by writing the CEO, Diversity Officer and Corporation Counsel?

So do I have hatred for Harry? I don't even know who he is. Do I disrepect the actions that he has done over the last 2 years to cure his desires and needs? I certainly do. Why would I want any harm on a contest that means so much to me and my fellow Jack winners? He has disrepected the contest and whether you want to agree or not, that is fair. I know how I feel, how many of my fellow Jack winners feel and a good chunk of folks out on the circuit.

So that is why I do not name names. Will this post get deleted? Probagbly. Should it get deleted? Absolutely not when you are saying me and Alexa (??!!) don't have balls. You called us out, I didn't call anyone out.

I get so damn sick of shaded accusations and innuendoes from people on this forum. If you wish to accuse a competitor of wrong doing then sack up and name him or her and the contest in question, Scottie and Vince lend no credence to this post since they have hated Harry Soo for years and will never recognize what he is capable of doing. Have some balls, say what you mean or get the hell off the forum.

NUTZ

I know the team. The Jack determined that the contest did not meet the qualifications for their contest, after the draw. It was an unfortunate circumstance, but one that the Jack had to follow, or they would not be following their own rules.

this was kinda a random thought. My understanding was a team ( from VA,I think) got an invite and they later took it back a couple of years ago. I was just wondering about the motivation or how something like that could happen. I was thinking that possibly someone was tring to position them selfs better to get in the Jack, or that the organizer may have made a mistake.

how about morals in general? if the jack makes a decision, it's their final decision. Who are any of us to point out something they haven't noticed. So much for the "brethren spirit" There are governing bodies for KCBS, the Jack and everything else we do and compete in. Let them handle the rules and enforcement and concentrate on your own stuff.

This thread was never about Harry Soo until two people acted like immature cry-babies and brought him into it through mean spirited innuendo. Yeah, I said it. I think it makes you look really petty to continually insult this man in public unprovoked. I think it makes the BBQ Brethren look equally as bad to condone it. "Moral" people don't act that way. I said it again.

dmp

For the record. I never brought him in. I responded to the high morals of being called not having any balls.

Look, i didn't make up anything i said. As i stated, this was all public knowledge. I would suggest next next time not post your letter to Brown-Forman all over the internet .

I also answered Sal's original question.

This thread was never about Harry Soo until two people acted like immature cry-babies and brought him into it through mean spirited innuendo. Yeah, I said it. I think it makes you look really petty to continually insult this man in public unprovoked. I think it makes the BBQ Brethren look equally as bad to condone it. "Moral" people don't act that way. I said it again.

dmp

Not that my opinion matters, but that's not how I read this thread's development at all.

There's not a discussion forum on the BBQ-Brethren as vicious as this one, IMHO. Y'all make the N&P forum look awful polite.

Just sayin.

I think we have seen what a team will try to do to get in the Jack the last couple of years. Sorry, its insulting and disrespectful to me. If you have to cheat and lie to get in to a contest that you supposedly" respect, why disrespect it with those kind of actions?

Claiming a contest that isn't a qualifier?
Oh, that's so 2010 and 2011.

For any one who knows the history, the above two quotes were obviously made specifically about Harry Soo. This thread never mentioned him until the above posters made the uncalled for remarks. Read it how you will, pack-pedal all you want, but facts don't lie. I don't expect any one to like any one, but to look for opportunities to publically insult people behind their back is not something that garners respect.

Last year some one left an emoticon in reference to a team who is friends with one of the above posters, and he went ape over it. He said how unfair it was to talk about people behind their backs and then he called the referenced team to tell them about it and get them involved. Kettle, meet the pot.

dmp

Google is your friend (or maybe not in this case :-D)

I really just liked the picture :rolleyes: I'm going back to my prostate cancer awareness ribbon once I get back to my computer.

Ethics can be loosely defined as actions you would take if no one was looking.
Case in point. Last year we won the Sam's club event in Conroe, Texas. No govenor's proclamation designating it as a state championship. In August we received letters from both the Royal and The Jack congratulating us on the win, with applications to both contests. I sent an e-mail to each, graciously thanking them for the invite, but, informing them that unless the rules had changed, we had not won a qualifier. I received an e-mail from both, thanking me for being honest and wishing me good luck in the future. I would hate to think what the consequences would have been if I hadn't done the right thing.

I do not know the circumstances the OP is alluding to. But, I suggest that you do the right thing, whtever that might be.

Robert

RRRIIIIICCKKKK!!!!!!

You do tend to get to the point don't you? Well said, Robert. Best to you and the crew.

Google is your friend (or maybe not in this case :-D)

I really just liked the picture :rolleyes: I'm going back to my prostate cancer awareness ribbon once I get back to my computer.

Google is my friend. I was just being lazy:wink: I found it on Urban Dictionary:)

I don't post here too much and I only know a few people here. Correct me if I am wrong but if a team was to witness another team cheating at a contest everyone here wuold expect that team to inform the reps of the violation. Then whatever decision is made by the reps is the final word. How is this any different??? If a contest was claimed as a qualifier and then when it was found out not to be the sanctioning body made a decision. You can't have it both ways. If we are to police ourselves it must be in ALL facets of the game not just the ones you want. That is what is known as having Morals.

Back