Money Muscle Identification

I don't doubt a sharp blade would do the trick getting the mm out and using just the one butt - but wouldn't the meat be mushy?

It's not my process, so I'm not comfortable sharing it. The answer is not necessarily. I've seen it, and tasted it, and it worked.

I finally found, I also had a problem locating. I even asked 3 separate butchers and all 3 looked at me like I was from a foreign country. Glad this site is so willing to help newbee's learn. Mister Bob's pictures hopefully help you and others.

First problem we had in the UK was explaining the cut as no one had heard of a butt, the money muscle we have learnt about from friendly teams. Thanks!!

If it wasn't against the rules would you remove the money muscle before cooking?

The rule has changed for us (IBQN) next year. I cannot ask everyone to open their cookers to check that the pork is in a single piece, as i cannot police it, it is pretty pointless.

Toby

If the mm hits the turn in box with bark all around it it could be DQed. I've seen Rep's come and inspect for that. A Judge/Table Captain wanted an opinion.

Back