THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
I bought the Publix brand Mojo Marinade, and let the butt sit in it for 3 days in the fridge, flipping twice per day. At cook time I sprinkled a little granulated garlic, and onion on the butt. That was it. I wanted to use the butt for Cuban sandwhiches, which is what I did. Used my first ever bag of Cowboy lump, cooked at 250-260 until the temp was 165, then I put it in a pan, added some more mojo marinade covered with foil, cooked until probe tender. Was pleased with the results, and the ol' dog waits patiently for the bone.

Attachments

• mojo fire.JPG
    mojo fire.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo marinade.JPG
    mojo marinade.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo on kj.JPG
    mojo on kj.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo temp.JPG
    mojo temp.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo 165.JPG
    mojo 165.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 147
  • mojo sauced.JPG
    mojo sauced.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 146
  • mojo guard.JPG
    mojo guard.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 147
  • mojo finished.JPG
    mojo finished.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 147
Had good flavor. I pulled the pork and added back some of the pan liquor. Was really pleased. I don't know why I didn't inject with some, I guess I wasn't thinking.

My goal was meat foe Cuban sandwhiches and it was perfect for that.

We buy Mojo by the gallon & Publix brand is as good as any. Use it on pork & chicken. One tip for the pork butt, if you are gonna do a 2-3 day soak, go ahead and plug it with garlic; just make hole with a boning knife and insert 2-3 garlic cloves in each hole. IMHO, more is better and the holes also let the mojo get into the meat better. Injection works too. Oh yea, add a little Adobo to your rub.

Back