Mojobricks vs. hickory

Sir Pork A Lot - do you recall - was it OAK? We had some bricks with the first batch come in nd shipped out that we later learned had serious moisture issues.

Send me a PM with your address I will send you a new box - let me know.
Fred

and that is some great service! :thumb:

Sir Pork A Lot - do you recall - was it OAK? We had some bricks with the first batch come in nd shipped out that we later learned had serious moisture issues.

Send me a PM with your address I will send you a new box - let me know.
Fred

Fred:
Yes I believe it was the "Fred Oak" and it was one of your early batches as well I think.

What I read about them ,was made out of recycle wood. So does this mean it could possible any type of wood in it them , so does this mean a flavor was add such as hickory , cherry etc

What I read about them ,was made out of recycle wood. So does this mean it could possible any type of wood in it them , so does this mean a flavor was add such as hickory , cherry etc

Mojobricks are single species wood byproducts. I like them!

There is an outfit in Tacoma, WA making compressed Douglas Fir bricks and marketing them as briquettes.

It is in fact a blend of hardwoods and softwoods to get the quick light and long lasting properties.

I talked to someone that worked at the Spingfield, OR Kingsford plant (about 45 minutes north of where I live). He said at least 90-95% of the wood used is Douglas Fir. It is mostly scrap - wood that can't be processed by the mills around the Northwest. The rest is a mix of Pine, Alder, Cedar, Madrone, and/or oak. I believe the Springfield plant is the largest, and there isn't a whole lot of hardwood in this area to be used....

Back