Mofos Take Herman

The BBQ season is over for Team Q. We got 2nd place Brisket 6 th place pork, 11 place ribs and 17 place chicken. 8 th place over all. a virtual SUCK FEST. But It was good to see Wayne ( MOKANMEATHEADS) and WSM (Rich you know -----you should post more often) I would rather be BASHING!!

Couldn't have had any better judges---Kick---Jamie----Chicken Pig---Jim---Sweet T--- Robin---Slat---Slats wife----You all did your jobs and did them well!!! I am headed for a shower and a good nights sleep!!

Spice

Congrats, Jay! Ya walked and that's what counts, right? 8th overall is great! Weren't there around 40-50 teams there?

Looking forward to hearing about Wayne's results!

Funny you mention the competition season being over for Team Q as it's just beginning (although an abbreviated one) for Big Creek! Two contests in three weeks upcoming.

It was wonderful to see everyone at Hermann. Team Q any day you get to walk is a good day!! Remember.!!!!!!!
Kick And T, Jamie and Robin, Slat and wife, Jim and Wayne. Great to see you all. You all are a hoot. Hope to see you all real soon.
Skip

Herman Mo........a nice place to have a contest. First year for them, but I think they are ready to do it again. Nice hookups, plenty of grass and open space, maybe should have ran the backyard competition earlier in the day as to not conflict with the KCBS part of the event, which made for awards being at 4:30 instead of 3:00.

T and I were going over to support our fellow Brethren that were competing, Team Q, MoKanMeathead, and UlcerAcres, plus our local chapter Beta Beta Que's Smokin'Til The Sun comes Up. My cell phone rings, it's Skip (Chick'N'Pig), "Where you at?" Me-"I'm in Herman, just passing the Phillips 66 station." Skip-"Me too, is that you behind me?" Me-"LOL-Yep!" Skip-"They need a few more judges, you and T want to judge?" Me-"Sure, we'll give it a go!" Ends up that about a quarter of the judges end up being Beta Beta Que or Brethren members and their wives, with several being CBJs. Probably 2/3s of all the judges there are CBJs. At my table, I'm the only one not a CBJ.
I saw a wide variation of presentations, tasted several good entries, and a few not so good. I saw boxes full to the top, and boxes with 6 very puny pieces. I saw boxes where the product was just covered with sauce, and some that where not sauced at all. Even saw some red tipped lettuce....
All in all, it was a great experience for me.......it encouraged me that the Belly Brothers need to keep on doing what we are doing....that we are worthy of what we do.....and to be grateful for when you do get to "take the walk." But most of all, be thankful that you have friends like Jay, Jamie, Wayne, Randy, Skip, Steve, Clint, and thier wives, and all the Brethren, because BBQ people are THE BEST people in the world!

Congratulations to all the Brethren, on both sides of the tent.

Sounds like a good time and a geat first year event.

TIM

Nice meeting you folks at Hermann

I'm bad with names, but I never remember a face so it'll be a while before I can acknowlege all the good folks I met at Hermann - GOOD CONTEST, but they made some farkin mistakes - like having peoples choice during "Crunch Time" and distributing FROZEN sausage at about 8:30 AM for peoples choice starting at 10 AM.

Oh Well, live and learn.

Sure am glads to see contests near St. Louis - my location.

Jay - you said might be FOUR in Columbia?? Any info on that would be appreciated.

wsm said:
I'm bad with names, but I never remember a face so it'll be a while before I can acknowlege all the good folks I met at Hermann - GOOD CONTEST, but they made some farkin mistakes - like having peoples choice during "Crunch Time" and distributing FROZEN sausage at about 8:30 AM for peoples choice starting at 10 AM.

Oh Well, live and learn.

Sure am glads to see contests near St. Louis - my location.

Jay - you said might be FOUR in Columbia?? Any info on that would be appreciated.

Sorry.......I forgot to mention that I got to meet and spend time with brother WSM as well. Hope to see you down the road again real soon!

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Nice showing, Spice! Congrats!

It was a good contest - especially for their first year. The Meatheads really have been in a slump - middle of the pack the last two contests. Most importantly is was great to see and meet all of the Brethern Bothers - what a turn out by the MOFOs. We really apprciated the support.

Good job to the brethern and every one else on the judging - very consistent scores. Consistently mediocure for us but we knew when we turned in that we didn't have what it would take to get called. Sure hope we can turn it around this week end. We ended up 12th overall with a 13th, 13th, 13th, and 18th place - how is that for middle of the pack against 25 or 26 teams.

Oh wait - we did get called in the sauce category (8th) - won a bottle of herman wine. Of course I had to BUY a bottle of wine to add to our sauce. Guess we broke even on that one.

Gongrats to Team Q and Ulcer Acres for their calls!!

Invited the boys from Racoon Flats to join us - hopefully they will. They ended up with RGC.

Congrats on the sauce, Wayne! Yeah I guess you've been "middle of the roadin' it" but but you boys will turn it around Saturday! Hell, I'll even settle for RGC and let the Meatheads take GC! :wink:

Thanks Jeff. GC/RGC - at the ARBBQ? Hell we would be jumping up and down to have just 2 digits instead of 3 next to our "place". See Ya Thursday.

Back