THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I plan to cut an inch or so from the top of my drum, make a cut on that pc and re insert it into the top of the drum just like you were talking about in your first post.

Of all the ideas that I have read about, that one is the simplest to me.

well this is what i did and it works pretty good. I cut the bottom of a weber kettle 2" down form the lip. and then i just put it in my drum. i did put some stove gasket around the lip before i set it in place. and just to make sure it didnt pop out I used some self tapping screws to hold it in place. hope that helps. I think that thread in burried dead inside the UDS thread so good luck.:p

I did the same, but I used the bolts for the top rack to hold it in place and I
filled the gap (about 3/8") with 400* food-grade silicone (DAP 8641). Works
like a champ!

You can see it here:

MemphisWings_1_2.jpg

John

What i did is a little more simple than the other options...

The top rolled part is what was too wide for the weber lid. All I did was take a grinder into the rolled part and you can see where it bends. Just grind off the roll to a smooth, non-rolled top and it cuts quite a bit out of the diameter

Back