Roll Call. Inside 30 days. MN in May May 15th & 16th

Well either way I'm bringing my rubber boots and rain gear just in case. I saw a thread a couple of months ago of comps that looked like a monsoon went through them. It freaked me out!

The weather looks like its going to be a challenge....25 mph winds, rain, and 55 degrees is some trifecta from hell:twisted:

Bring your warm clothes, see everyone tomorrow

good luck!!

Well that was an adventure...the weather was as bad as promised and it was the least cooks friendly/organized event I've been to. I thnk they were trying, just not prepared for the number of teams they had (71 teams).

Congrats to Buster Dog on first place pork, Wine & Swine on their first call in their first comp with 6th place pork, and the rest of the brethren that got calls.

Hey Smokin Joe - your right the amount of teams and the fact that Perry took over this contest on short notice cought us off guard. We (MN BBQ Society) jumped in to help but it got behind. We will be better prepared next year and will talk to the weather man about that crap we all had to cook in, misarable at best. Why couldn't we have todays weather Yesterday! Thanks for coming hopefully see you next year.

There was a problem with the KCBS computer so results are somewhat delayed. Check in at KCBS.us for the final results. Top 5 overall - Iowa's Smokey D's - Grand, A Boy and his BBQ - reserve, THe Heat is on 3rd, Four Mile Fred 4th, Bavarian BBQ Boys 5th, pending.

I kinda wondered about that, it was still a good comp and we will be back next year. I know Perry was working his butt off,, just missing a few of the little things, maybe were just spoiled:lol:

Amen on the weather, I'm sure it could have been worse...I'm just not sure how:icon_smil

Are more of the results we got yesterday incorrect?

Hey Smokin Joe - your right the amount of teams and the fact that Perry took over this contest on short notice cought us off guard. We (MN BBQ Society) jumped in to help but it got behind. We will be better prepared next year and will talk to the weather man about that crap we all had to cook in, misarable at best. Why couldn't we have todays weather Yesterday! Thanks for coming hopefully see you next year.

The results that you have are mostly correct, sort of. We will have to wait for the official kcbs website.

All I can say is, it wasn't Cambridge, Mn. Now that was some crap weather.:icon_sad
What was that, about 5 years ago I'm thinking?

It was great meeting all you guys, weather sucked, but what do ya do. I got a call last night about 9:30 from Perry telling me I didnt really get 6th and that I needed to send the check back. I did still get 7th but seems like The Heat is on moved up quite a bit in position from the sheets we got. Our sheets say they got 6th overall they were behind me in Pork by .0002 and now they move up 3 spots?????? Oh well it was great to meet you all and we'll see ya at the next one.

Dan

It was great meeting all you guys, weather sucked, but what do ya do. I got a call last night about 9:30 from Perry telling me I didnt really get 6th and that I needed to send the check back. I did still get 7th but seems like The Heat is on moved up quite a bit in position from the sheets we got. Our sheets say they got 6th overall they were behind me in Pork by .0002 and now they move up 3 spots?????? Oh well it was great to meet you all and we'll see ya at the next one.

Dan

Asking for money back?:shock:. Wow, thats mighty bold of them.

Maybe our brisket moved up.:mrgreen:. That thing was spot on and deserved a better score than it got.

Great meeting you Dan. Good wine you have there with some killer lables.
You have a website a person could order your wine from?

See ya down the road.

Back