THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks awesome. Do you have a more precise description of your side of beans(aka recipe)?

its quite simple.

2 lbs of Pinto beans (i Used great value brand from wal-mart). Brought to a boil until beans were tender. chopped tiny 1 white onion and 1 tomato and 2 Serrano Jalapeno peppers (not the vinegar kind). cooked on a separate pan 1 whole pack of bacon til crispy and diced up 1 bushel of cilantro. once beans are tender put in the pot everything together with a half can of tomato paste for color. add spices as you wish to taste. I use a bit of granulated garlic, sea salt.

For the greek goddess known as "The Wife" lol

If I gave "she who must be obeyed" meat that dark in colour she would tell me I am not a greek god don't serve me burnt offering!!!!:grin::grin::biggrin1::biggrin1:
John

not sure why, but one of the chuckies pulled really nice. the other didn't so i had to thin slice it then chop it into small squares. used the tougher chuckie to make "Bisteck Ranchero". Basically small cubed meat with onion, tomato & alot of salsa.

the one that didn't wasn't done yet...when my chuckies are ready to pull, they typically fall apart with very little effort (often when you're trying to take them off my cooker) how did you determine your endpoint? temperature? probe tender?

Back