THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you have any of the useless forks that come with every BBQ utensil set that you inevitably get from the inlaws because they know you Q - make your own wiggle rod!
Cut one of the tines off and bend it a 90* angle an

100_2539.jpg

100_2538.jpg

Congrats on the first cook! Remember to burp that Egg!
Does anyone ever use them kinda like a xmas fruit cake

I used my BGE for the first time today (the BGE that I got last month, not the one I got just picked up today).

I spent a few hours just getting familiar with the egg by getting the fire started, playing with the vents to see how sensitive they were and just let it go for a while etc.

Later on, I opened the vents and got the fire really hot... had the needle pinned past 700 degrees for a steak dinner.

I planned to sear first at fire ring level but I forgot to take out the new cast iron grid I bought :mad:. Time was getting short so I just put on the WooRing2 and cooked it high heat at felt/handle level. Prep was just a few quick shots of worsey sauce then a heavy coating of Montreal Steak seasoning and Raising the Steaks rub from Dizzy Pig. Co.

Tasted great but my camerawork with my crummy Kodak EasyShare (I call it Camera for Dummies like me) is far from RTD quality. My wife works for Nikon, so I think we're gonna need get a Nikon D40 at some point to play in Rick's ballpark.

MilitantSquatter if the mrs works for nikon have her get the Nikon D3 the the food will really look good

Back