Midwest Homeless Veterans BBQ

Greg, Thanks for your donation. Maybe next year Goatsnake can play the event? :becky:

But seriously, we'd love to have you. This is just the beginning, there will be more events, and I have a feeling they're going to get bigger as we go.

Keep it going, Brethren! We are only 600 off our goal! :clap:

Getting out for one of these is very, very high on the list!

with speed’s rig, looks like we’re all set for cookers.

Just found out this afternoon, that I don't have to work that weekend. Big project at work is delayed for two weeks. If you want me to bring up the FEC, I can. If not, no big deal.

Matt, Chris, Kirk,
Thanks so much for organizing this for the Vets. They are usually the most forgotten and under appreciated amongst us. I'm not able to attend the event due to prior commitments but I am going to make sure you guys reach your goal by contributing the balance. THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT TO OUR PROUD VETERANS!

Last edited:
Matt, Chris, Kirk,
Thanks so much for organizing this for the Vets. They are usually the most forgotten and under appreciated amongst us. I'm not able to attend the event due to prior commitments but I am going to make sure you guys reach your goal by contributing the balance. THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT TO OUR PROUD VETERANS!

Brett-
Holy crap dude. That is unbelievable! Thank you so much! We will definitely have to get together sometime since you are new and semi close! This is the first of many charitable cooks we are going to do in the future. Hopefully you can join us sometime!

Matt, Chris, Kirk,

First, thanks to everyone for volunteering or donating! We're gonna serve up some great grub!

Brett - thanks for your generous gift and rounding us out to meet the fundraising goal! You will definitely have to make the next one! :thumb:

Brett-
Holy crap dude. That is unbelievable! Thank you so much! We will definitely have to get together sometime since you are new and semi close! This is the first of many charitable cooks we are going to do in the future. Hopefully you can join us sometime!

No problem! Anytime I can give back to veterans, I do so. I plan on doing a few cooks a year for my local American Legion when I get my SF. I still have a 24 month wait but that will buy me some time to also find something to tow it. :-D
If things fall through that weekend, I will plan on coming down to get my hands dirty. Thanks again for what you guys are doing and enjoy the cook!

Big props to Oakridge BBQ and Big Poppa Smokers for their generous Rub and Sauce donations! And we've exceeded our fundraising goal :thumb:

Thank you Brethren! These vets will be eating VERY well on June 9th :clap: :clap:

Back