Michigan Int'l Speedway:Aug 13-14

Ford,
Thanks for trying to help out by spreading the word at Grand Rapids, one of the few contests I've missed the past 3 yrs but I was at Camp Grayling cooking for a whole bunch of soldiers Friday and Saturday.
Gives you a whole new appreciation for those of you who vend!
Looks like we got one more team signed up from these posts so thats a positive, just hope Ron can make this happen.

Scott

Scott- better start reading the GLBBQA Forums. You'll find I'm posting there. Also visit the site on a weekly basis. My suggestion is a final reminder trying to encourage members to support the event. And a majority of 9 is still not many teams from MI. Got that number directly from Ron this afternoon.

Guess if you'd made it to GR you'd know that I was talking to people about MIS and encouraging teams to sign up. As a regular member I don't have access to the GLBBQA membership email list so it's tough for me to market events other than when I see people at contests.

Steve - just one final email. It's summer and people don't get on the Forums every day but they usually check their email. And I wasn't complaining about not getting emails. I did get some mailings on the GLBBQA affiliation but can't remember if it was from you or Ron. Guess it was Ron. I figure with less than 50 teams it's not a qualifier so I'm only going for the cash now. That's disappointing but life. If they cancel I will find another one to do.

Good News,
got a email from Ronnie stating the event is on and will not be canceled. Hope a few of you can make it at the last minute, I am sure he will not turn away entries.

SCott

Just curious about something that never was mentioned in this bbq crisis. How many team are actually signed up total?

Help me figure this out...

How can an event paying out 14 places and 30K not get more teams than this? I am shocked as there should be a lot of teams that can at least break even on their expenses for the weekend.

No offense to any other events, but I see a lot of events offering 5k in prize money sign up 50 teams. I understand the entries are less, but not that much (sell the NASCAR tickets).

We have to support events and folks like this that are ambassadors of the sport. Especially when they are putting up almost 500k in a single year for bbq events.

Obama and Smoke on the Water Productions working hand in hand to stimulate the bbq community.

We are making the flight from Florida to be there for it. They did a great job in Daytona and we are looking forward to this event. Look forward to meeting some of you guys!

We are making the flight from Florida to be there for it. They did a great job in Daytona and we are looking forward to this event. Look forward to meeting some of you guys!

Looking forward to finally meeting the REAL cooker of this team. :boxing:

Chad,
glad to hear you are coming up. Matt told us he was the main man when we were in Marietta.
Please bring some of those politically incorrect T's !!

Scott

I heard rumors that there is not a gov proc so therefore is they don't get 50+ teams, it's not even a qualifier for the GAB, AR and Jack draw.

Mack, I'm going for the TOY points..... All 30,000 of them.... ;)

Besides... The GAB, ARI and THE JACK are overrated.... No TOY points..... lol

Getting a Gov Proc is not a problem in Michigan, Granmole will sign anything... :heh:

Seriously, we should be able to do something about that if that is the case...

I think I can sum it up...

Chad...if we have any of the "old shirts", the much more offensive shirts, bring as many as you have.

Eric...you still can be pit biotch until somebody comes begging for the position. Don't think Chad will have much problems with that. Also, that Red Thermapen was very calibrated...bring it!

Some of our biggest achievements have come when Whiskey Bent Corporate & Midwest Division are at the same place at the same time. I didn't know we were playing prison rules!

If we have a list of teams, I'll begin putting the bbq odds down for the event. This is a big thing in FBA-ville and anybody can get in on the action before and after turn-ins $$$$$$$.

We can't cook pork, but we can handicap a bbq event.

Matt Vann
Whiskey Bent BBQ
Midwest Division

Excellent Matt, I am an offensive kind of guy and will proudly wear your shirt!
Oh, I am a handicap too for our team, does that win me something automatically??
Looking forward to meeting the whole team at the racetrack.

SCott

Back