Meeting Tuffy Stone

Great seeing you and meeting your family, Vernon!

Tuffy came by to congratulate me and my team after awards. We took 2nd place chicken, 1st place ribs, and 4th overall. Tuffy came in 5th overall.

He is a great guy. Our cook site was right beside his and it was a lot of fun teasing him telling him that we better not catch him trying to shig us. :laugh:

picture.php

Great work bro!

Wish I could have come & helped... maybe next time.

Very cool of Tuffy, indeed, a class act.

I agree with what others say about Tuffy being a class act.

I got to meet him a couple of years ago when I was one of his Ambassadors at the Royal.
He is genuine, friendly and approachable. And remembers me each time we have seen each other since then.

No inflated ego there.
What a great experience for you and your family.

I met Tuffy at his first competition in 2004 in Lynchburg, VA. We were also new to competing at the time. Tuffy and his crew are tops. He is s a super guy and always friendly to everyone. I've talked to his dad George on several occasions at 3:00 am or somewhere there abouts. A group of us Qers stopped at his restaurant in Midlothian a couple of years back and he came out talked competition Q with us for quite some time trying to help out a fellow Qer become more consistant.

Tuffy is real life proof that nice guys can finish first! (quite often, I might add)

Great seeing you and meeting your family, Vernon!

Tuffy came by to congratulate me and my team after awards. We took 2nd place chicken, 1st place ribs, and 4th overall. Tuffy came in 5th overall.

He is a great guy. Our cook site was right beside his and it was a lot of fun teasing him telling him that we better not catch him trying to shig us. :laugh:

picture.php

I'm really happy you placed so well especially with all the work you put into it and it was great seeing you there also. Maybe he does need to shig you after the way you placed in ribs lol:laugh:

I talked to him a little after the Cooks Meeting this weekend and he is a real nice guy. Because we were a brand new team he told us that "if you needed anything or have any questions don't hesitate to ask"

Met him for the 1st time too this weekend. Really good guy and enjoyed talking with him. I was worried he thought I was shigging, but I was just staring at that awesome looking smoker of his some times.

I met him at our first pro event last year in Deale MD. We didn't even ask and he just started throwing out free advice. Very cool and learned a lot in the few minutes I spent with him.

He is very humble and a great example of the perfect competitor who has been successful.

He will walk around on Saturday mornings and wish luck to each and every team.

And he will try to catch everybody that walked and congratulate them on Saturday afternoon.

I echo everything that's been said here. Saw him this weekend and had a brief exchange of pleasantries. However, nearly everyone I cross paths with in my/our short team career (now 4 KCBS events under our belt) is also nice and genuine. The bbq community is a great bunch of human beings...proud to be a part of it and thanks everyone who's given us a helping hand and treated us so kindly!

I have met him twice at comps He is a really a good guy Always willing to answer a question and goes around Sat AM wishing everyone good luck

We had the pleaasure to meet Tuffy at The Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival in Nelsonville, OH in October of last year when he stopped by our site on Saturday morning to wish us well. He could not have been nicer. We lost by less than half a point in the overall in finishing third to his second. He is one individual that we do not mind following behind in the results.

Awesome, and I enjoyed the pics! My experience is that most BBQ folks are very nice, even the introverted folks... Just dont start asking questions when they're trying to fill that turn-in box. :)

I love hearing this stuff. I have not met Tuffy, but I'd like to think we have similar cooking styles.
I have met Myron and Chris Lilly and have the same opinion of them. Very kind and nice guys.
I am proud to be in a sport where our heroes are actually worthy!

Tuffy is one of the nicest people I've ever met. I don't know him well, but have been around him enough to know he's got a GREAT sense of humor, and is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met. Somebody once named him "The Mr. Rogers of BBQ", and that name fits for ALL of the right reasons. Class act.

Back