Meatfest at Bob's house - 24 hours of meat pron

"Brother", yes. ha ha

Pulled the ribs at high noon. Not much meat here (certainly nothing like the ones Silverfinger posted about!), but sure looks and smells yummy.
Wrapped in foil to 'chill' for a bit.

Some more pics for ya.
'schroom have stems removed and a small piece of onion and sweet pepper inside. Later, I'll put in a pat of butter with some kosher salt.

The golf ball sized tomatoes are cored hollow, filled with cream cheese, a piece of onion and a bit of basil. Fresh ground black pepper and kosher, of course.

Thanks fellas!

Ok, so here's the setting...my wife is on the couch "chillin".
My son is in his room playing video games, and my daughter is in her room playing and watching tv.

So every once in a while Dad (that's me) walks in with a little paper plate with some goodies on it.
Like a meat fairy making deliveries. :laugh:

The funniest part: My son is at his PC desk in the middle of a frantic online gaming match.
He's got one hand on the mouse and one on the keyboard. Picture me walking in and setting down this amazing smelling beef rib on the desk right under his nose.
He was torn. Couldn't decide if he should give up the game or dig into the rib.

The rib one. :becky:

So, here's the lasted batch of deliveries. I cut the meat totally to one side on purpose.

Oh....I forgot to mention. The tomatoes were a GRAND SLAM.
I'm tellin' ya now, you should get some of these little 'maters this weekend.
All you gotta do is cut the tops off, hollow them out, put a dab of cream cheese (although my next batch will have mozzarella), a little 'spring of basil and a small chunk of onion.
Oh man. So good. So easy.

When I started this, I had the WSM rolling at 250.
About noon we were down to 225, but I wasn't concerned.
Now, at 2:00, I'm down to 210. :sad:
I'm losing my fire, and had so many more things to cook.

No fear though, food is still going on. If I have to, I'll finish in the oven.
<<mental note to self, 15# of Kingsford only lasts about 8 hours on a 43 degree day>>

Up now though, MORE SNACKS!!!! :clap2:

Get a full chimney going on the side...you'll have that fire back up to temp in no time.

Are you mixing in some Lipitor snacks with your day? Just curious. :thumb:

Looks great, Bob...all of it!

Looking great Bob! Might need to make a quick run and grab yourself another bag of charcoal. Or invite one of the local Brethren to bring buy a bag and get a small to go plate...

Ya know, that's a great idea. I never thought about a chimney worth.
The thought of dumping a bunch of cold "ashy" Kingsford in the pit sends chills up my spine, but lighting another chimney is fantastic!
Thank you very much! :becky:

....although now...I have to run to the store and get more charcoal... but since I'm there, I might as well get some Hawaiian bread to make some sammies!

Ya know, that's a great idea. I never thought about a chimney worth.
The thought of dumping a bunch of cold "ashy" Kingsford in the pit sends chills up my spine, but lighting another chimney is fantastic!
Thank you very much! :becky:

....although now...I have to run to the store and get more charcoal... but since I'm there, I might as well get some Hawaiian bread to make some sammies!

Once you get started, why stop?

Like the tidbit idea.....you got a Master's in tidbitology, man..........:-D

Thanks Castle!
The fire is back up and running. You've saved me from the oven! :clap2:

I did do one thing that didn't require the smoker (shouldn't require much explanation). ....Something I saw recently and wanted to try.
Otherwise, it's back to "business as usual" on the smoker.

A little Marinara sauce and it was "near" restaurant quality "fried" cheese sticks. It's going to take some practice to not make the breading stick to the metal and peel away from the cheese.
They're mighty fine, but for what you get, they're pretty expensive, take some time, make a decent sized mess, stink up the house, and really aren't very good for you.
Not sure I'll be trying this one again anytime soon. (but they were tasty)

I'm sure y'all know what these are....

My photos seem to be fuzzier that usual, and some are amazingly not even close to being level. I'm sure it has nothing to do with alcohol. Nope.

The chuck roast has been pulled, wrapped in foil, and covered in towels in the cooler.
Shortly, we'll have some more snacks.

Back