THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
I went to the Business Costco yesterday to get some baby back ribs and beef ribs to make to take to the ER on the 4th. The prices were nuts. a package of beef ribs was $125. A couple of months ago, I got the same package of ribs for $40. Briskets were insane as well, running about $160. Is it just California prices, or are meat prices inflated everywhere?

- G

I depends on the cut. I was at Sam's Club yesterday. I saw spare ribs at $4.40 a pound which are normally $1.89ish and bone-in pork butts were $3.38 a pound and they're normally $1.68ish per pound. That's just north of Raleigh, NC.

I depends on the cut. I was at Sam's Club yesterday. I saw spare ribs at $4.40 a pound which are normally $1.89ish and bone-in pork butts were $3.38 a pound and they're normally $1.68ish per pound. That's just north of Raleigh, NC.

Same here in OKC.

I had better luck at retail grocery chains. St Louis were $3.29/lb and whole spares were $2.79/lb. I went eith the St Louis as it just seemed the better deal. If the whole spares were $1.99/b i would have jumped on it.

I just came back from Safeway, chicken is on sale at $.99/lb. So I ended up getting 4 trays of chicken thighs/drums for about $20. There were some baby back ribs for $6.00 a rack and snagged a couple of those for the wife and kids.

- G

I just came back from Safeway, chicken is on sale at $.99/lb. So I ended up getting 4 trays of chicken thighs/drums for about $20. There were some baby back ribs for $6.00 a rack and snagged a couple of those for the wife and kids.

- G

$6 a rack or $6 a pound? If they were $6 a rack thats the cheapest i ever heard for baby back since they average 3-4lbs per rack.

Prime briskets at Costco in Northern Virginia are $5.99/lb. Bought a few for the freezer in the spring at $2.49/lb. $5.99 a little too pricey for me.

Here's what I found at Sam's Club here in MN:

Prime packer briskets were cheaper than Choice packer briskets. Prime packer briskets were cheaper than pork shoulders per lb.

Talk about all screwed up....

Back