Meat injector

WalMart near me has those for $1.99. I have been using them basically as disposables, always keep a 1/2 dozen around and toss em at will. I've ruined many expensive ones by putting them away without a proper cleaning.

I also have the magnum injector and its very high quality but the needle is too thick.

I have a two similar to this one that I got from Wally world for only $2.99. They work great and haven't broke yet, I have had them for about a year now. Only downfall is the capacity is small(1oz)so you gotta keep refilling but its not that bad.
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=981&osCsid=undefined

I broke the needle on my cajun injector during Thanksgiving. Also stripped the screw top so it's pretty much useless now.

I bought one of these at Cabelas a few years ago. Regular price it was like $40 but it was on clearance for $7. I used it a few times and then threw it in the garbage. These things are junk.

I've had this one since last Christmas but just got around to using it for the first time on Saturday. This thing is the bomb. Just stick the needle in and watch your brisket blow up like a balloon. I wish I tried this thing out earlier.
injdlxv.jpg

I heard that it was designed by a vet and that it's what they use to give horses shots. That may be total BS but I can tell you that the things are VERY well made.

It's not BS. You can order them from Veterinary catalogs and some of them come with an extra barrel.

I think I'm going to have to get one of those.

The problem I've found with the Eastman Outdoors injectors are that their needle is way too big and is not sharp at all, difficult to penetrate the meat with it.

I just threw out one of my perfectly good injectors, didn't wash it well at the comp it got pretty nasty.

Better yet, use an embalming machine.

PORTI-BOY MARK V - the ultimate modern embalming machine! Porti-Boy continues to keep pace with modern technology using superior components and materials. Pressures over 80 psi are no longer needed with today’s improved chemicals. Mark V lowest pressure setting of 1.5 psi permits injection at minimum pressure and a small flow rate. The solid state timing device for pulsation ensures long-lasting maintenance-free reliability.

Maximum Injection Pressure Range: 80 – 100 psi
Cabinet Construction: Aluminum Casting
Finish: Nylon inside and out
Color: White
Fluid Capacity: 3 ¼ Gallon Glass Tank
Fluid Reservoir Base: Stainless Steel
Automatic Shut-Off: Yes
Motor: 1/4 HP
Standard Voltage: 110V/60 Hz – 1 phase AC
Power Cord: 8 ft polarized, heavy duty
Pump Drive: Mag Drive (no seals)
Pulsation Feature: Yes
Height: 24 ½ "
Depth: 15 "
Width: 15 "
One year Warrnatee on parts and labor

Last edited:
Better yet, use an embalming machine.

PORTI-BOY MARK V - the ultimate modern embalming machine! Porti-Boy continues to keep pace with modern technology using superior components and materials. Pressures over 80 psi are no longer needed with today’s improved chemicals. Mark V lowest pressure setting of 1.5 psi permits injection at minimum pressure and a small flow rate. The solid state timing device for pulsation ensures long-lasting maintenance-free reliability.

Maximum Injection Pressure Range: 80 – 100 psi
Cabinet Construction: Aluminum Casting
Finish: Nylon inside and out
Color: White
Fluid Capacity: 3 ¼ Gallon Glass Tank
Fluid Reservoir Base: Stainless Steel
Automatic Shut-Off: Yes
Motor: 1/4 HP
Standard Voltage: 110V/60 Hz – 1 phase AC
Power Cord: 8 ft polarized, heavy duty
Pump Drive: Mag Drive (no seals)
Pulsation Feature: Yes
Height: 24 ½ "
Depth: 15 "
Width: 15 "
One year Warrnatee on parts and labor

Got a price on that badboy? The briskets and butts are dead anyway they won't mind.

Back