THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

timmy7649

Full Fledged Farker
so if i get this right you have 4 hours to get the meat from the fridge into the smoker with meat temp to get to 140*. is this right? if so what would be the lowest temp to smoke meat at? i know at 250* my butts are 160* at 5 hours. thats safe. just wondering what the lowest pit temp can be? just want to be safe!!! thanks in advance. :becky:

if so what would be the lowest temp to smoke meat at?
In theory and my guess would be 140 degrees. It would probably take a little more heat to surpass 140 internal in 4 hrs. I'm sure there are some math geeks around here who can answer you better.:redface:
The lowest temp recommendation i have seen is 200 in any recipe.
jon

Good question, though not sure what the lowest would be. I do know that the mass of the meat is heated in an endothermic fashion, where the meat absorbs the energy in the form of heat. So there is not a direct correlation from a lower temp = x extra time. AND.. here is where my memory of biophysics ends!:confused:

Back