MAYO anyone?

Chicken rubbed with MAYO and seasoning of your choice. Always a hit.

Dont know why I've never tried on fish or chicken but the next cook will get the same treatment as the ribs!

I am very intrigued by this concept of using mayo. I have been using mustard forever. I would appreciate it if someone could/would post some pictures and offer details of their results using mayo. I have a family get together coming us this weekend at the beach and would love to offer something a little different. Thanks in advance.

i have used Mayonesa on chicken before and that was dang good. ill try it on some pork butt. I use all kinds of mustards on my ribs. haha

Anyone have problems with the price of Japanese mayo? That is the only reason I don't keep it at my house. That little squeeze bottle is $6.99 at my Asian market, and everything there is rock bottom cheap so I suspect that is the going price everywhere maybe.

I mean, how can it be an expensive market when they charge $3.99 a pound for live conch and $5.99 a pound for live razor clams? Insanely low prices on hard to get seafood and stuff. Cheap pork too.

Sorry if I went off on a rant there, just expressing how expensive Kewpie is where I live. LOL. Stuff is good, MSG helps.

I am very intrigued by this concept of using mayo. I have been using mustard forever. I would appreciate it if someone could/would post some pictures and offer details of their results using mayo. I have a family get together coming us this weekend at the beach and would love to offer something a little different. Thanks in advance.

Read entire post, pictures of finished ribs. Sprinkle favorite rub on ribs as usual and then rub in small amount of mayo to both sides and let sit for at least an hour to 12 hours and enjoy.

Isn't this kind of the basis for Alabama White Sauce? Or the way that Big Bob Gibson does chicken?

Big Bob Gibson's definitely separates when you pour it on while the chicken is grilling. I started basting with it early on once and it just turned to oil and the spices in the sauce on the chicken. Not a bad thing at all, but it doesn't hold up like Kewpie would under high heat. Now adding it to chicken right off the grill is a different story, but even then it seemed to separate a bit, but that's easily fixed by adding more white sauce! LOL, lots of Alabama sauce = tasty chicken. Period.

I use Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise on Pork Ribs, Skinless Chicken and Pork Butts all the time. I apply the rub and then a small amount of mayo and rub it in, and then another dusting of rub. I think it helps keep the rub from burning and definitely keeps the surface moist, especially for skinless chicken. Here's a pic of a couple Baby Backs on the Traeger after cooking @ 275F. This pic was taken just prior to applying the glaze. Cheers!!!

Back