Maverick Makes a smoker?

Grimm5577

is Blowin Smoke!
I was un-aware that Maverick Industries, maker of the et-732 etc digital thermometer also made a barrel smoker.

Maverick Competition Smoker

image006.jpg

Complete Set includes grill and remote thermometer transmitter/receiver
  • Large capacity “55 gallon” size for BBQ competitions or backyard parties
  • 2-21” diameter grill racks can hold multiple chickens, butts, racks of ribs
  • 16.75” dia x 4” high charcoal tray can hold up to 15lbs of charcoal
  • Super large water tray can hold up to 4 gallons of water. Should never need refilling
  • Large 15” x 10” door allows easy access to charcoal, water tray, and bottom grill rack
  • Bottom ring vent opens or closes 4 vent holes at one time with the slide of 1 handle
  • Bottom vent holes are proper diameter to take BBQ Guru Fan (Just plug the other 3 vents)
  • Assembled size 45” tall x 23” diameter
  • Monitor your meat and your smoker temperature remotely with Model ET-73 Remote Smoker Thermometer set (included)
  • Model # CS-55 Competition Smoker only (no remote thermometer) MSRP
$359.99

i saw this on sale on a different site for $279.

I know a lot of UDS guru's are against the door and the removable bottom, but I think they would be handy, but then again I think I'm just familiar with that set up coming from a ECB and a WSM.

Wondering if anyone has used one and how it works?

Mavericks headquarters is physically right around the corner from where i work, i might have to stop in and see if they have one I can look at.

Ya I asked about it a year or so ago and most dogged it ( but hadn't seen it in person) and said build a UDS. Since then I only know of 2 on here who have tried them and one said his came so bent up he returned it and other fellar said his was somewhat bent but he shaped it back round and used it but never reported again on it that Ive seen. Both said it was lighter gauge / thinner metal than a regular 55 gallon barrel.

Last edited:
If I didn't feel like building a UDS I'd try it. - ESP
If I could see it / inspect it and buy it without shipping it .

Back