Massive Porterhouse on the Kettle

Nice job. Best Porterhouse I ever had was from Ditka's in Chicago. I think it was a 22oz.

Abso-farkin'-lutely fantastic! That looks farkin delicious. I will be placing an order for sure. :thumb:

Porterhouse is the cut of choice around this household, and yours looks wonderful. I have to give the reverse sear a try.

One question.....did you happen to set it up on end for any of the sear portion of the show?[/QUOTE]

I didn't - I thought about it but just didn't have time as I was whipping up other stuff for the kids at the moment. I always think to myself that I'm going to do that (whether on the grill or in a cast iron on the stove) and I always somehow just don't make it happen.

Wow that is a nice hunk of meat. Now and then I can find a steak marked and sold as a T bone with a very large portion of the filet still atached, so I always look them over to get the largest one in the bunch, some will have none at all.
Dave

It's that way here at Kroger and Lucky's Market. They only have SKU's for T-bones so that's what they label Porterhouses as.

Outstanding!!!!

When I go out to a fine steak joint I always order a Porterhouse med. rare (because anybody can do a Rib Eye - plus they're too fatty for me sometimes - and I'm farking hungry). I looking for the same kind of cook you've got there. Because most of these places broil I don't get as fine a cook as you have. However, they usually have choice aged beef (that I can't get) so the steak is great (even though the cook is not as good as yours).

I'm a reverse sear guy too so if the place does Sous Vide (and Choice aged beef) and reverse sear like you got there, forget about it! Well, that's why I don't always have a steak at home.

Outstanding cook !!!! I'm sure the charcoal and wood added great flavor you couldn't get on the gas burner.

Back