Mango Habanero Pepper Jelly

Smokey-T

Full Fledged Farker
Can't find Mango habanero pepper jelly? Make it yourself.

Ingredients:

( 8 ) grams of pure Habanero powder
(1) cup of sugar
(2) 15.5oz cans of Dole Mango slices
(1) pouch of no sugar pectin
(1.5) cups of white vinegar

Drain Mango slices and puree. Combine all ingredients over low heat. Once all is well mixed, blend to further smooth mixture and return to heat. Add pectin and mix. Bring to boil for one minute. Remove from heat and place in large wide mouth Mason jar. Set aside to cool (garage or fridge).

This was my first attempt, so will adjust with input and trial and error as I progress. My thought is to scoop some out and warm up to glaze some ribs tomorrow as the final step. Tasted on a muffin and certainly has some good heat and sweet.

Input welcome.

Attachments

• pepperjelly.jpg
    pepperjelly.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I don’t think I have ever seen habanero powder. Any reason you didn’t start with habanero peppers chopped fine?

Nothing more than I use habanero powder through the week, so I have a pound of it in my spice cabinet. It is good stuff. I am sure there are pros to using chopped, but powder is so evenly mixed and potent. 1 gram is supposed to equal one pepper.

I could go for a fatty on a biscuit with some of that jelly right about now! :hungry:

Thanks for the recipe!

yeah, I am sure that is better than what I made, but wanted some for tomorrow and we don't have access to TPJ products close by.

I must say, that while this tastes really good by itself, or on something, the flavor seems to get lost on ribs. I waited until about 20mins left and applied some heated up mango/hab sauce liberally to front and back for a glaze. When eating, you could barely taste it.

Must experiment more.

For the Habanero's go to Lowes and buy a plant. Grow them yourself and grind in a coffee grinder. it will cost you $4 for the plant and one plant will literally produce at least a hundred peppers a year. At least mine did last year.

Back