THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I occasionally tap the legs when ash starts to block airflow inside the fire ring and temps start to go down. It's not really an issue.
Yep, inside the ring is whah I was asking about. It seems that the grate doesn't sit high enough to provide enough room for the ash to collect beneath it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I switched to Stubbs and/or Kingsford competition, I always used Kingsford blue at comps and never had an issue with ash bothering either of my WSM's. And I would fill those suckers UP to run all night with out me messing with them. I do use an Guru so that may be why I never have had an issue though.

Yep, inside the ring is whah I was asking about. It seems that the grate doesn't sit high enough to provide enough room for the ash to collect beneath it.

Imo, ash will collect on the grate no matter how high the grate sits off the bottom of the smoker, so some type of grate agitation is necessary to knock the ash off of it.

Back