THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just finished a somewhat deep clean of my MAK as I smoked the ribs yesterday with no pan or foil underneath.

I sure do appreciate the thought that went into the grease system. I tend to keep my smokers at least somewhat clean and I did not enjoy cleaning my WSM. The MAK is so much easier to clean!

Wings and Thighs, Salt and Pepper, then finished with Butter/Cholula mixture or (a few) with Jim & Nick's Habanero Sauce. Indirect, Sear Grate, 400 start to finish. Dramatic improvement to the first batch, skin was perfect. Will try same next time with direct to put a bit more char as my better half prefers.

Looks delish! Ballpark... about how long did you have them on?

• Thanks
Reactions: YSR
The brand evangelism is pretty creepy, not gonna lie. They make a well engineered product. Above average customer service is just marketing. Selling after the sale. Don't get confused. I know you guys love your grills but the Rec Tec customers sound exactly the same. Don't fall for marketing. They're getting paid, you're not.

The brand evangelism is pretty creepy, not gonna lie. They make a well engineered product. Above average customer service is just marketing. Selling after the sale. Don't get confused. I know you guys love your grills but the Rec Tec customers sound exactly the same. Don't fall for marketing. They're getting paid, you're not.

What exactly are you referring to? Where are you seeing false claims in this thread?

I’m very open to feedback, criticism, and the like. But you’re making sweeping statements with no specific evidence to support your claims.

What exactly are you referring to? Where are you seeing false claims in this thread?

I’m very open to feedback, criticism, and the like. But you’re making sweeping statements with no specific evidence to support your claims.

I'm trying to figure out if he was implying that the Rec Tec owners were getting paid for owning/talking about the Rec Tecs or that people that like Maks are acting as the Mak marketing department for free.

So is this Tapatalk emoji issue universal across discussion boards or is it specific to the Brethren?

I've only seen it here. I *think* other boards install something that plays nice with Tapatalk and displays (or locks out) things that aren't parsimonious between the site and the app. Or something else.

Edit: It's a board specific plugin.

Edit2: Techish discussion thread

Last edited:
Any idea why that plugin isn’t installed here?

I'm not sure how much Tapatalk wants for the plugin/admin control. Also (not sure if this applies here) usually bulletin boards are customized and tend to be very delicate creatures. Adding a new feature has a tendency to bring the whole mess of code crashing down. Sometimes down the road making it especially annoying to troubleshoot. Another frequent goblin is the new plugin not playing well with existing plugins.

I'm not sure how much Tapatalk wants for the plugin/admin control. Also (not sure if this applies here) usually bulletin boards are customized and tend to be very delicate creatures. Adding a new feature has a tendency to bring the whole mess of code crashing down. Sometimes down the road making it especially annoying to troubleshoot. Another frequent goblin is the new plugin not playing well with existing plugins.

What happened to “break things fast”? :wink:

Spicy Thai pork tenderloin salad tonight.

Cooked the tenderloins for 10 minutes at 450*, flipped, and cooked for 15 additional minutes at 400* for an IT of 135*. Interestingly, they stuck to the grate even though the marinate had plenty of oil. I thought about leaving them longer assuming they'd release but I wanted to follow my plan. And my plan was correct as I hit my target IT right when I expected to.

Ready to pull . . .
5wjU6gQ.jpg

And we're ready to eat!
EvVOKNh.jpg

Back