Maiden Voyage party cook on my 120gal build!!

So, the BBQ bash/maiden voyage went splendidly!! Everyone packed themselves to the brink of meat coma and there were absolutely no left overs...other than a half rack of ribs that I hid so I could have them today, lol...ssshhhh, it will be our secret! Here are a couple more pics of the finished product and friends. This brisket I cooked I think is hands down the best I have ever done. The deckle rendered extremely well, the tenderness was perfect. And most importantly everyone raved about it, it was the first thing to go out of everything I made (Ribs, Pulled Pork, Chicken, Hog apple beans, slaw, tater salad). And most importantly I got to see months of hard work in building this pit come to life and do what it was meant to do...Make Memories and fill bellies. But I digress...here is the food pRon!

My wife said she pledges to buy me 1 to 2 briskets every payday now! That's what I call a win win, lol.

Cheers,

Dale

Thanks brethren! I can't remember the last time I've been sooooo dang tired, but so happy and proud at the same time.

My kids kept me company in the wee hours of the morning. Even the little one came and cuddled up to me on the couch in my little 30min cat naps between logs. Wife has really been helping with all of the sides, decorating/sprucing up. All in all...making memories!

Pics to follow as the day progresses!

Wow, congratulations and great job! It's awesome when the little ones help out and keep you company like that isn't it? You got yourself a trooper, helping out like that in the middle of the night. Those are definitely great family and friend memories for you, savor every last minute of those!

Your comment on the tired/satisfaction is right on. A couple of weeks ago I did two overnight cooks with only one day apart. Was just about seeing things by 6am during the second of those cooks, ha ha. But the end game is sweet satisfaction seeing people get fed some good food.

Back