Made my first Brethren order!

I'm waiting (excitedly) for 10lbs. of Plowboys I ordered last week from a fellow brethren.

And for the record, I don't think the shipping is slow, I didn't expedite the order.

Just ordered my 1st group of Dizzy Pig's rubs with help of a Brethren.:-D
Hopefully they'll gonna sell it soon over here.

Just ordered my 1st group of Dizzy Pig's rubs with help of a Brethren.:-D
Hopefully they'll gonna sell it soon over here.

That might be a good little business on the side for you. Importing and selling American style BBQ supplies. Can't wait to see what you cook this week.

That might be a good little business on the side for you. Importing and selling American style BBQ supplies. Can't wait to see what you cook this week.

Some guys on the Dutch forum are cooking for/with BGE.
Many of them use Dizzy Pig and slowly it's been promoted on fairs(?).
http://www.dizzypig.eu/contact.html
Sorry Momma for hijacking.:oops:

Preview what's probably cooking this weekend Huge:

Attachments

• SP_A1012.jpg
    SP_A1012.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 65
  • SP_A1013.jpg
    SP_A1013.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 64
Hmmm, now I have an order in for Todd's Dirt. I have two bottles of Plowboys on the counter. I do not have Dizzy Pig yet. Or springbok, for that matter.

Well, I have my Todd's Dirt and I'm waiting for my Plowboy's. I been really diggin' Todd's Dirt. Haha. Oh that was bad!!

Just ordered some of Plowboys Bovine and Yardbird rubs from KC BBQ Store. VERY excited about my purchase..Almost went overboard and did an overnight order!
What else should I check out as far as Brethren products or items highly recommended?

If you get in a bind, Central Meats in chesapeake just started carrying Plowboys. Got some there last week. They sponsor Old Dominion Smokehouse comp team and Nelson has been educating them on new items. They also have a new selection of hardwoods. Mostly chips now but they are getting chunks. Best butcher in the Hampton Roads area, IMHO.

Ron gave a good list - even though I haven't tried all on the list, I'd trust his judgment. Everything I've gotten from a Brethren has been very good. Todd's Dirt (Original) is great on veggies. Todd's Cajun is great, too.

I had thirty people over for a surprise birthday party - it was supposed to be ten. When I found out we had extra people coming, I pulled out a bag of potatoes and some corn on the cob. Put them all in a hugh pot with some water, butter and Todd's Dirt and boiled. The house smelled so good that people couldn't wait to dig into the veggies. They were fantastic.

That being said, ALL of the rubs/seasonings I have gotten from Brethren are really good. My problem, now, is deciding which one to use when I cook. Lately, the kids have been helping me grill/smoke, so I usually pull out three or four and ask one of them to pick - they usually do the "smell test" - haven't been wrong yet.

Support the Brethren, folks, lest the stop producing such great products.

Yikes, I hope that didn't come out like one of my sermons. Just saying, the Brethren rock in lots of ways.

I've got a lot of product from members in the rotation.

Plowboys products are great. Spicewine has some great stuff but my favorite is the Black and Gold sauce. It's really versatile! The Slabs have great rubs and I like a little of their sauce now and then...considering that I don't care for sauce in general that says a lot. Dizzy Pig has some great stuff as well. The Cow Lick is one of my favorite seasonings for a steak, and the Dizzy Dust is great on chicken.

I know some of those folks better than others, but I know all of them well enough to know that they stand behind their product and are proud of it. They should be! I've got no problem giving friends or family a shaker or bottle of any of their products as a gift, because I know it's a quality product.

Hogwild, Todd has drink coolies - he might want to use your line on one of them - cute:biggrin: (Made me laugh out loud)

If you get in a bind, Central Meats in chesapeake just started carrying Plowboys. Got some there last week. They sponsor Old Dominion Smokehouse comp team and Nelson has been educating them on new items. They also have a new selection of hardwoods. Mostly chips now but they are getting chunks. Best butcher in the Hampton Roads area, IMHO.

I should have pm'd Nelson...I pass there on the way to and from work every day...ah live and learn I guess!

I think I'll DRIVE to SpiceWine on Friday and pick up some myself. Kinda lucky to live 15 miles from their shop! Gotta love the Heffer Dust!

I will be giving Spicewine's Black & Gold Sauce out at Christmas this year. Very good stuff!

Back