Made a Smoked Meat Delivery to Mom

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Gathered up some smoked meats and delivered to my 87 year old Mother. We all do it when we can. Seriously it's no big deal and rather routine now. Look at the list. Smoked bologna. She called and I've never heard such praise about something so simple. Her generation ate a lot of bologna. She ate it all with cheese and crackers.
So if you share your cooks with someone of that generation, you might include bologna next time. I was somewhat shocked as I included it as an afterthought.
Smoked Bologna
Go figure

Last edited:
No kidding! I’d have never thought about the bologna....us bbq folk take things for granted that everyone has had it... well played Adams!!!

Those little suprises are fun aren't they? Kudos to you Adams for sending care packages to Mom. I remember having bologna sandwiches when I was a kid, this has me thinking I need to try one smoked.

Good job......

I've also recently sent over several smoked items to my 96yo Mom - her facility is pretty much locked down and it sucks. To date.... pulled pork, Blackstone chicken (thighs & breasts), brisket, sloppy joe and even some soup (courtesy of the chamber vac).

She doesn't cook much and the food they do offer she's not wild about so this gives her some variety without all the work.

This is great, love it :clap2:

My mom is 89 and I have to keep telling her the smoke ring isn’t raw before she’ll go eat it :icon_shy

I'd love to smoke my mom something ( passed away 19 years ago)
What I wouldn't give to feed her and hug her, bless you sir I'm sure
your mom enjoyed it

Great post! I have been doing the same for my Mom and the Mother in law down in FL. Says she can't get good hot dogs so I sent her a care package for Mother's Day of Koegel viennas with some Flint style coney sauce. Totally caught her off gaurd. It's a really good feeling making them happy and knowing how much they care.

Back