Macclenny FL 4/20-21 (w/results) FBA

Sounds like a great experience, Gator, and congrats on doing so well despite the hiccups!!!!

Make it back to the house about an hour or so ago...already put up the travel trailer, unloaded the Explorer, etc.

Good weekend overall.

Not a bad outing for the inaugural comp cook on the FEC100. Flip the switch, push the buttons, go to bed!! Nice!!

We've got a couple of adjustments to make in timing, but it was nice not hauling wood, charcoal, etc.

Congrats to Kevin, Big Daddy, Shane, and Brent...good job by all.

Brent, actually, Kevin is the current president of the FBA. Joby is the past president, Chuck is a director, rep, master judge, judging instructor, and all around good egg -- he and Donna are super people!!

It was a nice contest...well organized and hopefully will grow. It NEEDS more teams! I'm thinking it'll be on our list of events to return and do again.

Smokin Gator just posted a classic summary of a great weekend in FL.
Brent and Kris are a fantastic couple. Proud and pleased to call them both family now.
It was so rewarding to see Brent "get it" as the weekend developed!
When he got his first "walk"... well, the look on his face was "priceless"! :lol: :lol:
So damn proud of him--he took on "all 4" by himself for the first event and was successful!

Also got to meet Shane (Turk)--great guy.

Congrats to Kevin, and all of the Brethren who "walked".

Thanks to Kevin for "renting" me some generator power while the organizer sorted out some power problems overnight. I have not received the bill yet--hope he is gentle :lol:
Also thanks to Munchie (not a Brother yet) for the 100 farkin foot extension cord to move Kevin's rented power down to our site so we could cook (actually sleep) with some confidence! :lol:
I WILL have backup electrical power next time.

For a 1st full comp cook with the FEC--we are "tickled pink".
Need to make 2 "time and temp adjustments" next time and the product will be even better.
Packing "Logistics" were a dream compared to the days of the stick burner for comp. We both felt we had "left chit behind" :lol:

Scores were HUGE!
Dave has the sheet, so I will be generic here.
FBA perfect score is 200. (KCBS is 180).
Normally, a "high 180" will make you competitive.
In one category, a 190 took 3rd! :redface:

Dave and I cooked JUST FINE and did not really get HURT in scoring.
But, a lot of the other teams were cooking GREAT and we wound up as low overall as ever.
My hat is off to the folks that cooked at that level of expertise.
Amazing!

Good times overall.

TIM

space GIRLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spacecoast Pit Crew will be there.

Rub, wish you could be there I don't want to be the only one taking money from Big Daddy Q.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS!!!!! thanks for the gas $ shane and dennis, it was my pleasure beatin you again. Didnt you guys get more kicks just helpin cracker and I and clappin when we got our calls ? I know it cost you less and you didnt feel foolish like you do now!

The best I had done before this was 4th, and many, many, too many 5th places. cracker & rub stayed home on this one and gave me a chance to shine, thanks guys your checks in the mail !

congrats to all that walked with big Congrats to kevin, thanks for all the advice in the past two years, cracker, woodhouse, you too.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS!!!!! thanks for the gas $ shane and dennis, it was my pleasure beatin you again. Didnt you guys get more kicks just helpin cracker and I and clappin when we got our calls ? I know it cost you less and you didnt feel foolish like you do now!

I'm glad we could help you with a LITTLE fuel $ I hope you got along way on that gallon of diesel fuel and a slim jim I not sure you could have got more than that on 4 buc's.:lol:

The space boys could not be more happy for big daddy Q Reserve Champion. I guess will see you June 15-16, 2007 Blueberries & BBQ Festival Callahan, FL the next cook we will be at to take the fuel money back and then some.

Good job done by all that walked. It was good to meet the southern brethern and smokin gator.

Wooo-hooooo, WTG Guys!

Great review Gator, and congrats on the calls! This bbq stuff is pretty fun, huh?! :-D

Congrats to all the guys who got calls and walks, and to Kevin for another GC, and a BIG "Ata boy" to BIG DADDY Q !!!
It's about damn time my friend, you've worked hard for that :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thx all, and big congrats to Big Daddy Q for Reserve... Congrats to Space Coast, GB's, This Butt's for You, and Southern Brethren, and the rest that walked....

Congrats to you Brent, it was real nice meeting you..

Thanks for the great reports everyone. I feel like I was there too.

Gator, I really loved reading your write up. Thanks for taking the time to do it so well. I was really pulling for you.

Congratulations to all.

Great Write Up Gator !! Congrats to ALL!! I have never even had the Pleasure of Observing a Competition,and Gator...You made me feel like I was there ..Thanks !!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Congrats Kevin and a big to Big Jim!! Glad you broke your 4th streak

Bubba

Back