THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Got a gig coming up soon and have lost my sides guy so I'll be handling the entire cook. Menu is pulled, beans, mac, slaw and rolls (not buns). Assuming 3 oz portions of mac plus at least half of the people coming back for more...How much Mac should I be cooking? I did a trial run of 1 lb of uncooked elbows and it filled a half size pan. I was guessing that I could get by with 4 full size pans...8 lbs uncooked. Am I in the ballpark? Should I go with 5 instead?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

A half pan should hold 20 servings depending on the depth. I just did a similar cook minus the beans for 100 and went through 5 half pans, had one back up pan just in case it went over 100. It was a served line not a self serve.

A half pan should hold 20 servings depending on the depth. I just did a similar cook minus the beans for 100 and went through 5 half pans, had one back up pan just in case it went over 100. It was a served line not a self serve.

So based on that, it appears I am in the ballpark with 4 full/8 half pans. We are serving...not a self-serve. Portions will be as follows: pork 6oz; beans, mac and slaw 3oz each...using 3oz ice cream scoops for consistency.

Thanks for the reply.

Back