THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever used Kingsford Competition? A BBQ store I went to recommended it but I'm wondering if its just because they sell it?

I've used it and really like it, but have usually had a hard time finding it in quantity. That said, about a month ago a Super Walmart in my area had pallets of the stuff for a reasonable price. Dunno if they intend to keep it in stock or not. I'll be looking for sales.

I've been using more and more lump since I got a kamado and trying to get used to grilling with it in the Weber as well. I'm finding I love the low ash. People say it tends to "burn out" quicker than briquettes but I think that may have to do with all the irregular shapes allowing more airflow than briquettes. Been having a lot of luck by just tamping down the lump so it's more compacted, it behaves a lot more like briquettes that way, in my experience, at least.

I started learning on my wsm with kbb. I've since moved to weekend warrior lump. Much better flavor imparted. Although I can only get it at one place in town. If I don't catch the place in time i'll grab some kbb as a backup but it isn't an option unless I'm pretty hard up.

Back