THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love B&B and currently have to drive to the nearest academy to get it which is 3.5 hours away. it results in a truckload and requires a lot of storage space. Being able to pick up the good stuff about 3 miles away would be a huge win for the team!!

Yes, they in both Melborne and there are three locations in the Orlando area; Kissimmiee being the closest!
Next time I go up to buy briquets, if thats what you like, I will let you know, then we can meet up somewhere between us.

I had noticed that mesquite lump has two slightly different labels when United Grocery stores had B&B 8&10# on sale many months ago. A few seconds search reveals a different label between Lowe’s & Academy labels. Same price, different weights different labels. Haven’t looked at ACE. I’m still going to hunt for Ax Breaker Lump. On principle.

ATTST: check weight and ingredients. Same price but 25% more at Academy?
Different labels may be old photos. Premium Hardwood Blend versus 100% Natural.

The term premium Hardwood blend does not bother me at all. In fact I seek those words out.

Some times you just got to walk in and read a label

The a$$hats on social media are calling them out for being sellouts because the went with a big box store for distribution...

Whatever...

Congratulations B&B!!!

I'm confused, aren't Academy sports and Albertsons grocery "big box"?

Yes, they in both Melborne and there are three locations in the Orlando area; Kissimmiee being the closest!
Next time I go up to buy briquets, if thats what you like, I will let you know, then we can meet up somewhere between us.

Just checked my closest Lowe’s and they have the BB lump now. A whole pallet of it.

None of the Lowe's around me carry it yet. But I did find an Ace Hardware that has every variety of B&B in stock along with a bunch of other brands.

An Ace Hardware near me just started selling B&B. Even have B&B char logs. I picked up a 30 lb bag for $30. Think I will get another bag or 2. Never used their char logs, but heard good things about the stuff. Anxious to try it.

I got some yesterday from a Ace in town. I've never tried it either, but after reading 100's of posts from Adams...ya know the man, "a kiss of mesquite, a kiss of this, a kiss of that and then rambles off in some type of abstract poetic journey full of innuendo"...that fer some reason I seem ta follow well enough. Anyways I got the lump as they didn't have any of the other...scored one bag of the mesquite just ta see.

-D

Back