low carb, keto, and bbq

Soybomb

Full Fledged Farker
For those of you who are doing low carb/keto diets, what are some of your favorite sauces and rubs, or recipes for them? I just made a batch of roxy's mustard sauce with swerve instead of brown sugar and am pretty happy with how it came out. Other ideas would be great.

All of our (Naturiffic) Cooking Salts are sugar free, except for Harvest Brine which has natural sweeteners; Apple & Maple.

I am in the process of developing a Salt specifically for BBQ, it is gonna be a good one!

Our of our current offerings, I would suggest:
Gingery Orange for Salmon, Pork and Lamb

Garlicky Lemon for Beef, Veggies and Poultry (or damn near anything else)

Peppery Lime for anything south of the border

Hot Salt for chicken wings, popcorn, shrimp, and French fries

If you still let the meat speak and only use a minor amount of sauce (like a tablespoon), I never had issues with sauce pulling me out of keto....verified with keto stix.

I realize that sauces likely have some things in them that aren't allowed on paleo regardless of carb count.

Last edited:
Low Carb Rub and Sauce

For those of you who are doing low carb/keto diets, what are some of your favorite sauces and rubs, or recipes for them? I just made a batch of roxy's mustard sauce with swerve instead of brown sugar and am pretty happy with how it came out. Other ideas would be great.

I have both a low carb rub and sauce that I have used for many years and both are very good. You can find it in an article on my site: http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/2009/01/old-daves-low-carb-pulled-beef.html

Dave

I found this brand of sauce at HEB in Rockport yesterday.

For what it is, it's pretty tasty.

They can be found on Amazon too.

GHughes_gallery_MB_zpsraccccib.jpg

I've seen those around here (I think there's about 4 different flavors or so), but have yet to try them.

I have used the Honey on Keto for a while. It is not bad for what it is. I have used Stubbs in moderation but mostly stay away from the sweet sauces. I've just gotten used to it for the most part but occasionally I have my cheats and say who cares. Good luck on your path man! There's plenty of us out there!

Back