THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Badgerjacob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Brian
I spend a lot of time down in the Caribbean.They always cook their fish whole. I often wondered whey we do not do so here in the states. I scored a fresh 22 lb redfish over the weekend and thought I would give it a try. I gutted and scaled him then soaked in a salt brine over night. Cooked him at 265 for about 2.5 hours over local pecan wood. I used a homemade jerk dry run and spritzed with a garlic lemon. I topped the meat with a mango sauce. Best fish taco's that I have ever eaten.

PS the best meat was in the head.

tinypic.com

19148983_1442947129104393_2727259661551699263_n.jpg

19366244_1442947159104390_3819635232205900460_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't find cooked fish heads very appealing. Never have.
That bowl of flaked meat certainly is tho.
To each their own I always say.

Very nice Jacob, love catching Red Fish, it's a slot fish here in FL so keepers are 18" to 27" and 3 per person. You can keep 1 Red up to 30", good eatin.

I can only imagine how good those Tacos were Jacob.

Love red fish. When I lived in Florida we always cooked them whole with fresh lemon and herbs in the body cavity. I miss those days.

Looks excellent Badgerjacob! Nice catch!
Fish cheek meat is mighty fine eatin' for sure.

Looks good to me...

I want to get some whole fish to try to grill. Looking for something a little smaller so a whole fish would be plated for the meal. Thinking a trout or something like that.

Back