Looking to help out a NYC chef friend who lost all their knives

vraknari

Knows what a fatty is.
Apparently he lost/forgot his knives in a NYC cab. It's possible they could get returned to him, but not likely.

In the event he has to start anew, I'd like to get something to help out; but I'm not sure what, other than the obvious, chef's knife. I don't know what brand knives he had previously, though I don't think he stuck to one brand in particular.

He does cuisines other than bbq, so a wide range of knives would need to be replaced.

In lieu of actual knives, a gift certificate would certainly help - can anyone recommend a store in the NYC area or online that would be appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

MODS: could have sworn I posted this to the Wood Pile. Imagine my surprise when I didn't see it there and found it here.

Please move to the proper forum as you see fit.

Thanks.

Glad he got them back. I'd hate to lose my knives. They look motley and mixed up, but each one was sorted and chosen for a reason.

Good to hear that there are still good people out there who do the right thing.

So happy to hear that there are still people out there with a good personal character and with integrity. With the daily news on TV, seems like a dying character trait in our country.

Back