THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

webeinky

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
They are all really good and rock solid. I am sure I couldn’t go wrong with any of them so, it really makes it hard to decided.

After days and days of researching:

Smobot - seems interesting. They have really thought outside of the box and not followed the rest with a blower to control the temp. I like the concept and from what I read it seems to use less charcoal too but, does it work well? They are still relatively new to the market and would think still working the bugs out.

ThermoWorks - has a big sale right now and so the Signals is the cheapest of the bunch. I am sure I couldn’t go wrong with it and they are known for their quality. But, the review on Naked Whiz’s for the Signals was not too good and the web interface seems more basic.

BBQ GURU, UltraQ - is brand new and not released yet so there is little information about it, but I really liked everything I read about the discounted CyberQ though.

Flame Boss 500 - has a big following and looks like one of the more popular units on most forums and a strong contender.

Fireboard FBX11 - most expensive of the bunch. Like the Flame Boss they have a big following for a reason. It can have up to 6 probes as well, if I had a big cooker it would be the choice but, with just a large egg I rarely have a need for more the one meat probe.

I would love to hear your experiences with any of them or what made you decide on the one you have and would you buy that one again.

Back