THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salt and pepper, maybe some SM Season All and woosty in beef burgers.

Now Turkey burgers, I throw in the whole spice cabinet to give it some flavor.

Bacon cheddar jalapeno burgers!!!!! :eusa_clap

I start with home ground sirloin. I use fresh cracked mixed peppercorns at the medium setting for coarseness...and fresh cracked kosher salt. Use freshly minced jalapenos and fry and crumble some applewood smoked bacon...smoked in the WSM or OTG.

I add the salt/pepper/jalapeno to taste and lots of the bacon to the ground meat in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand to get distribution as even as possible...generally about 5 minutes.

I use the OTG but cook the burgers on a cast iron griddle over direct heat until nearly done, then add fresh sliced cheddar...no processed individually wrapped slices on my burgers! Close the vents to kill the fire and leave the lid on til the burger finishes cooking and the cheese is melted.

I only use ground chuck, normally its about 80/20. I throw it in a big mixing bowl and add a bit of worcestershire sauce and Big Poppas Double Secret Steak Rub (which I strangely only like in burgers, not steak). Everyone will do theirs differently.

I only use ground chuck because my understanding is that ground beef can really be any part of the cow ground up, especially some less than desireable cuts. Ground chuck must come from the shoulder. When I stopped using ground beef and moved on the chuck, I noticed a big difference in my burgers.

I go for ground chuck, if I start with 1 pound of chopped chuck, I add 1 full teaspoon of kosher salt. Yes, that much. I then grind on the small plate twice, loosely form 3 patties and fry them on a cast iron plate on my ripping hot kettle. I like them about 1/2 inch thick to start. Once one side is seared up, flip and repeat.

Serve on a buttered toasted bun. Mayo, dill pickle slices, mustard, tomato

I have been doing thin burgers recently and life has been good. I Use Martha Stewarts method of parchment paper and rolling pin and either sear hot and fast on the weber, or cast iron griddle. In and out special sauce, toasted buns, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion. :-D

You will be pleased...

For me i like my burgers seared on the outside .pink on the inside . I take the package of burger to the grill . Make a patty plop on the grill.

My local market sells a fantastic "ground hamburger 73/27" which means just that....just trim, from all cuts. I have found it to be consistent and better flavor,

Not really how I do burgers but one of my favorites late night meals is ground chuck mixed with worcestershire sauce . Then seasoned with natures seasoning grilled till well done toped with A1 and served with white rice no bun, but toast all on the grill
But I have been called wierd before :becky: But I'm happy when I eat it.

Attachments

Super easy one....80/20, wishbone Italian salad dressing, StoveTop herbs stuffing....everyone thinks I spend a ton of time on them!

Back