Lookin for idea's for other items to smoke with a corned beef flat.

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey everyone hows it going? Last night I picked up a 4lb corned beef brisket flat to smoke tomorrow. It's been soaking in water since noon today. Going to rub it with the Weber Dry Smoking Rub and will be chopping it up to make corned beef hash with Ramps in the next couple days.

Well the corned beef is gonna feel pretty lonely in the vertical offset and I have no idea what to throw on the smoker with it. I can do the normal chicken, ribs, chuckie, or something. Kinda burnt out on chicken, and not real interested in a chuckie.

I know I'm cooking at least 1 rack of ribs. I considered getting a few cornish hens to smoke instead of whole chickens.

Looking for cheap,easy suggestions. Not exactly thrilled for a meatloaf right now either.

One can never go wrong with a fatty. Grab some random rub you've been meaning to try and hit the sausage chub with it. Into the sauna for about 90 minutes or 160F... foil, rest, and either enjoy or refrigerate for a breakfast of champions.

One can never go wrong with a fatty. Grab some random rub you've been meaning to try and hit the sausage chub with it. Into the sauna for about 90 minutes or 160F... foil, rest, and either enjoy or refrigerate for a breakfast of champions.

Thanks. I was gonna pick up a couple fatties, but decided against it. I decided to go with 2 smithfield extra tender spare ribs. It's all I could get access to at 1 a.m.

Our walmart was stocking tyson all natural ribs when I was getting a bunch of teeth yanked out. Now I'm healed and ready to eat ribs they switched back to smithfields extra tender! :mad2:

I also got 3 Cornish hens and stuff to make Bacon wrapped jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Got a new seasoning to go with the Cornish Hens. Got a bottle of Twisted Q Crazy Chick seasoning. Flavor from the bottom is outstanding. Seems like it will work well with the Cornish Hens.

Brats. I get Usinger brats in the big pack at Sam's and tuck them in around whatever else I'm smoking. They only take about an hour and are really good!

What don't you like about smithfields extra tender?

Brats. I get Usinger brats in the big pack at Sam's and tuck them in around whatever else I'm smoking. They only take about an hour and are really good!

What don't you like about smithfields extra tender?

I dunno what it is about the extra tender ribs. They are fine, but the ones I've cooked just never turned out right. I don't mind them being enhanced but I've had better success with cooking non-enhanced as the "Extra Tender" Smithfields seem to over cook easily?

I love Brats. The last time I smoked food I wrapped Cheddarwursts with bacon and smoked them for an hour or two.

Back