Lonestar Grillz Insulated Firebox/Shirley Fab Insulated Firebox. Any one have LSG insulated FB?

Lobsterbake

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Mark
Hello,

I am considering ordering a Lonestar Grillz 24x36 offset horizontal cabinet smoker with an insulated firebox. I have a Shirley Fabrication 24x55 modified trailer with an insulated firebox and love the efficiency it provides. The Shirley has insulation everywhere except the door and they use a 3/4" piece of steel plate as the door. My understanding from videos they have posted is they use to insulate the door but changed design due to a very few cases of warped doors and found it worked better for their pit build to just use 3/4" plate for doors going forward. It appears LSG does insulate the doors and the entire firebox so my question is does anyone have a LSG insulated FB and have they had any issues with the door warping or not sealing, etc due to how LSG builds their insulated FB'S?

Pit I am looking at:

http://www.lonestargrillz.com/24x36-Offset-Cabinet-Smoker.html

Thanks,

Mark

I am in my third year of my LSG vertical offset with an insulated firebox. No problems at all with the door. Got it due to little grandchildren fingers, etc.

i have the old style shirley insulated firebox door. looking at it over the last 3 years i cannot imagine how it could warp with all the bracing they use inside and outside the door. i know it has nothing to do with your LSG question but i don't want the SF guys worrying about their insulated doors. are you replacing the shirley?

I have the insulated fire box on my LSG. As Sprinram I am on my 3rd year with it as well and no issues so far.

Back