THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stonerdd

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I am interested in getting a LSG vertical cabinet smoker. I have both a stick smoker and pellet grill. I like the taste of the stick smoker and the convenience of the pellet grill. Has anyone got their fire going on a LSG, then just use wood with a GURU, vs mostly charcoal with wood chunks as LSG suggests? Again, I do not want another smoker that I can't get a good rich smoke taste.

Also, does anyone have one and live in Indiana or in the Kansas City area? I would like to take a look before taking the plunge.

I don't think it would run well on straight wood.. There's just not enough airflow to run a clean fire, and if you had enough, you'd probably be running pretty hot.. In other words..
smittyJonz said:
Probally Run Hot or Dirty.

What they said. You don't try to make a stick burner run on charcoal, and you don't try to make a charcoal and chunk burner a stick burner. You may get it to work, but it probably won't be pretty...

Back