Liquid smoke yay or nay?

I don't. Here in Sunny San Diego ( 81° today at 4:00PM when I ended my bike ride) we BBQ outside year round.

Umm I was joking..I've never made crock pot bbq :crazy:

A little liquid smoke is a component in a lot of sauces both Q related and none. :thumb:

Some folks like it, I think it tastes fake. Its a personal taste thing and what is right for me is not necessarily right for you.

I prefer smoked paprika if I need more smoke flavor than my Q is going to have or if I want some smoke flavor when I can't Q

I don't use it, but I'm curious what first class shipping from the US to New Zealand really costs? Not what a merchant charges, just actual costs.

Where I'm headed with this is...... there might be a few other things you can't get, but are common here. Weight is obviously a factor in price, but someone might me able to get some liquid smoke and a couple of bottles of rub to you for the same money you would spend on just the liquid smoke.

Last year a guy in Canada was having problems locating curing salts to make Buckboard bacon.... The cost + shipping was really high. Well, the Hi Mountain Buckboard cure is made in Wyoming and it's in all the stores, so I offered to send him some.

On the customs papers there is a box you check if your package is a gift (less duty charges on their end) and another place for "description" and I wrote down "bacon curing spices". The Postal clerk said "bacon cure?", and I told him "yeah, for Canadian bacon".... He said "you're shipping stuff from Wyoming to a Canadian so he can make Canadian bacon???". Everyone in line cracked up.

I have used it when making Brunswick stew , when I did not have the time to bbq the chicken or pork to add to it . But do not tell any anyone :-D

Make your own, you can adjust for taste.
I wouldn't order it unless I had a particular need for it...

The prices you must pay 'Down- Under' might accidentally start a
'Boot-Legged' Liquid Smoke business...

Back