LI ICS Chili Cookoff 5/27 (results & pics)

Bready

Found some matches.
Hey everyone just a reminder that we are hosting a chili-cookoff this sunday may 27th. Everyone is welcomed.
It is $5.00 a person to taste all the chili you could. There will be about 8 different chiles to try.

Hope to see you all there.
here are directions from sunrise hwy:
Heading in either direction on sunrise hwy:
get off at the exit for Route 112 (Medford Ave) and head south.
Make Left turn (heading East) onto Main Street.
Make Right turn (heading South) onto Bay Ave (there will be a sign for Marina)
Make Left turn (heading East) onto Newins Street
Make Right turn (heading South) onto Grove Ave.:-D
Look for Morgans Swan River Marina and restaurant sign #363 Grove Ave
any questions that day please call 631-467-9378

Thanks Brandon, Vinny et al,
Yes, it looks to be the happening place to be tomorrow.
Looking forward to the gig and it should be fun for all who compete and or attend.
The car is loaded and all the provisions and secret ingredients are packed ready to go in the am.
The only things I don't have to bring are beans.
Be there or be square.
Wes

Good luck to all! I have to paint the front porch tomorrow but am hoping to escape for a while to come see ya'll in action. What time is judging and the awards?

Good luck to everyone. I wanted to take a drive up but the Wife says I have to cook for 50 people coming over today. Who new?

I'll let Wes and Sled provide the details...but the event was a fun time and both of them got walks. I hope I get this part right....

Westex - 3rd place Red Chili
Sledneck- 2nd place Peoples Choice Chili and also 2nd place in Chili Verde (Green Chili).

Last edited:
GREAT contest. My hats off to brandon for a job well done. Cant wait till next year. Congrats to wes. Thanks to all the brethren who came down to support us.....vinny.....you the man! See you in dover. Over and OUT

Great job guys! Looks like it was a blast! Now are those hot sauece bottles really little or did Wes grow a ton since I last saw him?

i spent the afternoon bored out of my farking mind,

and FORGOT the contest was on.. s0rry guys.. i messed that one up...

but i did get my tomato plants.

Oh.. I forgot....Special thanks to Thirdeye for helping Sled with a kickarse pot of green chili... Steve must have done everything right cause it was really, really good stuff. There is talk that Sled is gonna whip up a large batch at Williepalooza.... Highly recommended....

Poob - Should have kept your cell phone on you !!! I called at 11:30 AM to remind you / see if you wanted to come down to the contest....No answer...:sad:

Oh.. I forgot....Special thanks to Thirdeye for helping Sled with a kickarse pot of green chili... It was really good stuff. There is talk that Sled is gonna whip up a large batch at Williepalooza.... Highly recommended....

Poob - Should have kept your cell phone on you !!! I called at 11:30 AM to see if you wanted to come down to the contest....No answer...:sad:
that chili was rea; good this coming from me who doesnt like chili. I gave all the rest out to the pulic and had people coming back for 2nds and 3rds. It is real tasty

ICS Competition Chili cooking team: The Red Hot Loco Peppers

me, my wife laura, my sons steven, christopher, and my SIL Itzpa

Last edited:
Notice in the first and second pic... that is me, MilitantSquatter, in the rear eating more of that green chili... could not get enough of it...

I was not part of the Red Hot Loco Peppers team, but by coincidence happened to wear a red Cookhouse shirt (BBQ joint in CT)...

Back