Let's talk Chicken Injections

I don't inject chicken do to the small needles, they clog easily unless you use a coffee filter to strain out the spice particles. Consequently this removes some of the flavors that were being imparted.

I have better results using Oakridge Game Changer Brine at half-strength with a 50/50 mixture of fruit juice and water.

However, I do inject pork with a regular needle using Oakridge Game Changer Brine; again, at half-strength with a 50/50 mixture of fruit juice and water.

Keep us posted on your choice and your final results.

I think I am going to get some Oakridge on the next order as well. All of their stuff is top notch. Do you use it as a marinade and injection? One vs. the other?

Depends on how much time I have. When in a bind as an injection (most of the time for me :becky:) but when I get lucky and have time to spare I marinate.

I usually brine for 2 hours in half strength game changer and inject an hour before with 3/4 strength butchers.

Butcher's in next on my list. Have heard great things. Hard to get away from Oakridge though. #1 for me personally but I have runners up. :biggrin1:

Back