THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great thread so far!! Working on my BSKD project this weekend... A few pics of the work thus far... Got fire brick and metal to make the heat deflector and a shield for the firebox lid. Hope to finish her up this weekend and put some heat in the basket!!

Attachments

• BSKD.JPG
    BSKD.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Coal Basket.JPG
    Coal Basket.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Basket in Firebox.JPG
    Basket in Firebox.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 442
  • Elevated Grate.JPG
    Elevated Grate.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 439
  • From Fire Door.JPG
    From Fire Door.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 441
BSKD mods

Worked a bit today on the BSKD... No pic, but added some Rutland rope to the door to help seal her up too. Getting closer to a working unit!! :thumb:

Attachments

• Heat Baffle.JPG
    Heat Baffle.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Firebox lid mod.JPG
    Firebox lid mod.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 410
  • Fire Brick Add.JPG
    Fire Brick Add.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 412
The fire box started as a home heater
box.jpg

and the heat comes thru 6" duct from rear of firebox into bottom of pit. i am adding a squirrel fan to rear of fire box and 2 or 3 2 inch ball valves to the front in a few weeks to the front door for air flow (Indianagriller suggested this will help)
working.jpg

Not as pretty as some of the others on here but it does a good job. I really need to do a little work on her before summer rolls around but i never got a chance to get her from my camp which is now buried under a bunch of snow. Hopefully we'll get some decent weather so i can pick her up and get some work done to her.

Smoker.jpg

yeah, here is a pick of my most recent smoker I had built RF with oven ... works great !!:thumb:

Last edited:
well how has fall been guys? I know mine has not been used any where close to what I wanted to. Any one have any good pics from this summer and fall?

Mine

Here's mine. Custom built by Texas PitCrafters. Looks and cooks great

Attachments

• IMG_4228.gif
    IMG_4228.gif
    263 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4229.gif
    IMG_4229.gif
    291 KB · Views: 214
Back