SmACk TaWK Let the record indicate that I hate Jack week

The Jack is a love/hate deal for me. Win, lose, or draw, I think I'll be feeling some painful love on my trip home. It's the Jack.

I'm getting my first taste in a good long while of sitting on my ass at home while everyone else is orgying on sour mash and miss mary bobos fried chicken and posting every damn detail on the Facebook!

Cook good Jorge.

I'm getting my first taste in a good long while of sitting on my ass at home while everyone else is orgying on sour mash and miss mary bobos fried chicken and posting every damn detail on the Facebook!

Cook good Jorge.

I can't say I'm missing it, chris.. I'm pretty happy seeing my friends who get to go, especially the ones who've never cooked it before.

I'm fine with being home as well, Podge. For me, I qualified for some bungs and thst is all I can do. The rest is keeping your fingers crossed for a good draw.

Yes, mixed feelings here, but its good to be home. Got me motivated for next season though, I might be practicing chicken this weekend. :wacko:

I think I'd rather eat a jar of ghost peppers than to practice chicken right now!!

The Royal is still my favorite contest(s) but it's a conversation and the Jack is closing the gap. We cooked consistently mediocre food according to the judges, and on Monday morning I can't really disagree.

Friday night I stopped by Subway to grab a sandwich in Tullahoma on my way to the hotel for a couple of hours of sleep. The young man making my sandwich was from Lynchburg, and his Aunt is involved in the contest. Talking to him, and learning that some of the money raised sent him to Europe as a senior made an impression. The event generates money for the community without a doubt. The impression was that even though he didn't want to get near the insanity he appreciated the contest and the people that make that trip every year. Genuine appreciation. I've been to more than a few tourist locations, paid inflated prices, and been greeted with a snarl.

Retirement was certain before the trip, and I was ready to be done. I'd like one more visit to enjoy the atmosphere, and swing for the fences!

It was a good time (as always), but I really, really need a day off today to recover!

Didn't get it...

Good to see TPJ -- hope to see you next year in Hammond!

It was great meeting you! Personally, I love the Jack! Don't cook, and I'm not special enough to judge, so I can just enjoy without having any responsibilities at all!

Back