Latest Craig's List Score...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
I picked up a Little Chief smoker yesterday for $10.00. On my way home I stopped by swamprb's for a cuppa joe and he tossed in an extra heating element that he had laying around...for free...:cool: These are great little cheese and fish smokers that retail for $100.00 new...:p Amazon.com

CraigsListScores003-1.jpg

CraigsListScores002.jpg

Nice score!
I've been looking for a good deal on an electric smoker for the exact purpose of smoking cheese & such

Very nice. It looks to be in excellent condition. My Pop Geer electric smoker is 22 years old now, and is very similar to your Little Chief. They do make great beef jerky as well as smoked cheese & fish. Enjoy!

My Lil Chief is my go to Jerky Maker. You can fit a bunch of jerky in it by hanging the meat frpm the grate rods. I bought it at a Post Wide garage sale in Ft. Bliss. I can still remember the fantastic smell of smoked salmon that it came with. The Col. that sold it to me said he wanted to get rid of it cause there was no salmon to be caught and smoked in El Paso so it was just taking up space!! LOL.
You can also crank up the temp by using a larger heating element. I sometimes use the element from a rotiss that I have and can get it to higher temps for things like whole chickens, thighs, etc.
You will love that Lil Chief!! Nice score.

My Mom has one that's been sitting in her bsement for 25 yrs. Only used once. I Know because I gave to them. Hey Mom????????????????

SAve the box...get some 1x2's and lay them across the top of the unit. rest the rack on top, and put the box over it. That is how you smoke some cheese in that thing...I had one in college...when you could still fish for salmon. We had that thing going non stop for days...seriously...it was aproduction. My bussy and would get 2 salmon a day.

those things are fun, the box method for cheese is just great.

Very nice work!

Man it's a great feeling when you score something like that for $10.00! Just makes your mouth water thinking of the possibilities.

are those really that good ? i've seen them on craigslist but they look kinda cheap made. if they are good then i'll get one.

ANOTHER HOME RUN SCORE FOR JD !
That's one of the classic electric smokers, been around longer than swamprb and I. :lol:
Best for fish, jerky, and cheese. Not really a high temp smoker.

Back