THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JayQ

Knows what a fatty is.
4df29780457eb851d9f414ecc0a98221.jpg

Morning farkers, I'm still new at this whole pron presentation so I'll just do what I do. Hopefully this thread will look ok. Hope you enjoy.

My son caught a stomach bug during the weekend so wifey and I didn't get to have our holiday cookout. I got up this morning around 430 and fired of the old OK Joe and started rolling some oak while I got this beauty seasoned up. Man that black ops sure is ground nicely. No binder used and look at that rub stick like glue.

cd32536d983d2c46db25867bc4838135.jpg

Cruising at 250-275 this morning with the fabled TBS hoping for the best. I'll throw a probe in next time I open up.

ea8f5560f7f3ca6d651993133a0300aa.jpg

Long way left to go but now I'm cruising right along now at my usual 300. Hoping the color gets a little more mahogany before it gets darker. Probe is in and reading 145. Looks like it might get a longer than expected cooler treatment. I was hoping to put the ribs on around noon so I would be serving them to the wife hot off the smoker when she gets off. But this brisket is moving right along and I'm not gonna waste the wood. Ribs may go in the cooler too and I'll set the sauce on the gasser. I'm about to prep the ribs now. Heck I may get a nap before she gets home at six.

Looks like the place to eat tonight is your house. Good luck with everything and hope the little guy is feeling well enough to enjoy that good food.

Dinner was a homerun. I wish we had have had a afternoon snack before dinner because we literally devoured our plates before I could snap a few pics. My hands were greasy from slicing and making plates while hungry kids and wife got they're fill. Nearly the entire rack of ribs were eaten from the cutting board. We had brisket, BB ribs, mac n cheese, garlic toast and green beans. I so full I can barely clean up. :)

812b9cf18d50f480dbc1ce5f4301a79c.jpg

8e3d1ff5cc7d9a7e82bd97d581c05a2e.jpg

I gotta say I think the brisket rub is good but I prefer 50/50 salt and pepper. Except for the burnt ends, OMG the bark, they were fine...

I really like that rub a lot. I do a rub down with worsch and rub with black ops and love the flavor.

Back