THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
We decided to do our Memorial Day cookout on Sunday, instead of Monday.

Started out with a rack of meaty baby backs, dusted generously with John Henry Pecan rub:

DSC_3406_zpsttod0peb.jpg

Onto the top rack of the Vision Kamado:

DSC_3408_zps0tupzqx6.jpg

Chugging along nicely at a perfect 275:

DSC_3410_zpshufdrdxe.jpg

About halfway done:

DSC_3411_zps5pf8znzn.jpg

Not too long afterwards, I fired up my red drum for the roadside chicken, but not before I positioned my portable butcher cart between both cookers:

DSC_3422_zpsgvc7vshm.jpg

On went the chicken:

DSC_3419_zpstmupzx8h.jpg

DSC_3418_zps0assk5vy.jpg

Ribs are getting close as they are starting to "weep":

DSC_3415_zpsyetkaqzj.jpg

At that point, I started brushing the ribs with some Blazing Bart's BBQ Sauce, and the chicken was getting closer:

DSC_3426_zpskmqqzfcs.jpg

The chicken I generously mopped with the roadside mixture about every 5 mins. Here is the chicken just before I pulled it:

DSC_3427_zpsadkyectx.jpg

And finally, here is all the protein plated:

DSC_3431_zpshofdglfp.jpg

Closer:

DSC_3440_zps7erlg8c1.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the sides, but we had sweet corn on the cob, and fresh fruit salad consisting of pineapple, strawberries, and raspberries as a palate cleanser. The chicken and ribs were off the hook, and the fruit and corn was the perfect accompaniment!

If you've never tried Roadside chicken, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Here's a full tutorial I did:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88850

Enjoy!

When people ask about mopping & basting.....that chicken is what you show them......one place where it reallt works.....

Great lookin' cook......who cuts your ribs?

Those are really "El Hefe"

That roadside chix is fantastic - you were the first person to turn me on to it - love that stuff! I know those ribs were great too. Nice work all around!

Great looking protein, but where did you get a three-legged chicken from???

I make your roadside chicken every few months. It is so good that I should make it a staple. I may try it on the PBC...

Back