THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ewatts2003

Full Fledged Farker
Good morning fellow brethren! Decided at the last minute to cook up a brisket flat for the significant others family Christmas today. I actually found a very nice Choice flat at my local Family Fare...just under 6 lbs and a nice thick flat throughout. I trimmed very aggressively, almost no fat remaining, seasoned with a layer of Plowboys Bovine Bold followed with some R Butts R Smokin R Beef Rub. Of course my little helper who just turned 6 months old decided we should use the pellet drum for this hot/fast cook! I will post more pics as we continue!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Attachments

On the drum at 160 for 2 hours, turned up to 300 for 2 hours, wrapped with some beef broth and back on at 300 until it’s done.

Attachments

Is that pellet UDS custom? I've never seen that before. Very cool.

Sure is. PelletPro sells a kit that has brackets to mount their hopper to a drum. The rest I built myself. It’s has room for 3 22.5” Weber grates and I also made a custom hanging rack to hang ribs on. It works great and it my favorite pellet pooper to use.

Well it could’ve used a little longer in the foil but under a time crunch it came out pretty dang good. Flavor was great, tenderness varied across the flat. 2 hours smoke, 2 hours @ 300, 2 hours wrapped with beef broth @300, 30 min rest. It didn’t last long so it must’ve been decent! I will get more pics of the drum when I get back to the house. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Back