Large BGE

BigDBBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hi, All Just picked up a large vintage BGE and was wondering if anyone knows how to date these. The fire box does not want to come out and appears to be molded in. I pick this BGE up for $20. and is in nice condition. Thanks for help.:-

Hi, All Just picked up a large vintage BGE and was wondering if anyone knows how to date these. The fire box does not want to come out and appears to be molded in. I pick this BGE up for $20. and is in nice condition. Thanks for help.:-

Molded in or stuck to the bottom? I'm not sure I know of one that has a "permanent" fire box.

Looks like an Imperial or similar to me but I'm not an eggspert either. I believe the firebox is supposed to come out. It looks to be intact, not cracked or anything, if it were me I might be inclined just to throw a grate in there and fire it up, I'm not sure I'd want to force it out for fear of the firebox cracking.

Maybe a little grease and a couple cooks might loosen it up even.

It has a sliding vent already, grab a BGE cast iron lid if it didn't come with one and let er rip.

Imperials from what I've seen (mine included) the fire box is sealed in.
I ordered parts this week to rehab mine.. after a long wait.
They don't go as hot either most say don't go over 350, others disagree with that

Good deal you got

I am no expert,looks like a REALLY OLD BGE or one of those other things.The early stuff was made from clay and not ceramic.Fine for lo n slo.For $20,who cares.Good buy.

Back