Lang 84 yard mobility issues

CentralOhioBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
My 2,000+ LB Lang 84 Deluxe is presenting serious problems getting in and out of my back yard. My backyard is fenced off, and has a grade. I can take my truck back through it, barely, and last time I tore up my yard (badly) trying to get it out.

The stock tongue jack caster gets stuck in the ground every time, it's only good for concrete. I need large rubber casters, ideally two of them, that can attach to my tractor, I'm thinking.

I called Lang today and they sent me a link for this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAM1UE...colid=VHQD5YRC9K00&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

But there's no way I'll be able to manually push the Lang into position up a hill.
Anyone run into this issue or have any suggestions?

Last edited:
That, or maybe put down some sheets of plywood as you back through the yard, assuming the ground is flat enough even if graded that none of the board would be unsupported. It would only take 2 or 3 that you keep moving backward, though it'd be time consuming and you probably would need a helper.

But it's cheaper than a second driveway I suppose.

Last edited:
That, or maybe put down some sheets of plywood as you back through the yard, assuming the ground is flat enough even if graded that none of the board would be unsupported. It would only take 2 or 3 that you keep moving backward, though it'd be time consuming and you probably would need a helper.

But it's cheaper than a second driveway I suppose.

Interesting point, good tip.

I've had a similar experience with my trailer smoker here in North Carolina. When it rains I can barely pull my cooker out of the back yard. Outside of relocating the smoker to the front yard you're left with only a few realistic options : plywood (as has been suggested), putting down gravel and making kind of a gravel pathway for your truck and your smoker, or a stone / concrete pathway.

Something that might also work for you depending on your circumstances is a cable winch on your truck. This way you could build a small patio for your smoker directly inside your fence line, and then just park your truck and winch it out of the yard without tearing up the lawn. I've thought about this as well but I have a damned utility power box in my front yard so I can't pull it directly out of my back yard...have to maneuver it around the main power box and the smaller utility box.

Good luck!

I've had a similar experience with my trailer smoker here in North Carolina. When it rains I can barely pull my cooker out of the back yard. Outside of relocating the smoker to the front yard you're left with only a few realistic options : plywood (as has been suggested), putting down gravel and making kind of a gravel pathway for your truck and your smoker, or a stone / concrete pathway.

Something that might also work for you depending on your circumstances is a cable winch on your truck. This way you could build a small patio for your smoker directly inside your fence line, and then just park your truck and winch it out of the yard without tearing up the lawn. I've thought about this as well but I have a damned utility power box in my front yard so I can't pull it directly out of my back yard...have to maneuver it around the main power box and the smaller utility box.

Good luck!

Yep, good stuff. I’m considering a wench line, not sure what other options my wife will let me get away with

That ground looks very soft. Maybe spread a load of sand? The grass will grow through, but damp sand is much firmer.

On second thought... I bet Paul and Tyler could make one of these for you:

picture.php

Back