THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The lamb looks great. I've never understood why lamb isn't more popular than it is. Maybe the price, but it is so simple to prepare, and so farkin tender. The Greek in me is really happy to see somebody new try some lamb. Now throw that on some pita with some tzatziki and you'll really be in business. Great work :thumb:

Oh man Wrench, when I was in college, there was a Greek food stall that was built into a garage office, it had a lamb and pork souvlaki that was served in pita that was incredible. Pure street food at it's best, the souvlaki was in large patties that he would chop with a spatula and cook on a round steel griddle, sort of like a Mongolian BBQ plate, then serve in pita with veggies, pickled onions and tsatziki (Sp?), it was amazing.

I guess we're gonna have to get a membership at Costo, never been but I'm sure they have better lamb than Kroger. We'd never seen it at Kroger before last weekend and it seemed to be very high quality but way too expensive! Now I have to go check out Chef Jim's birthday rack.:becky:

The two chops we reheated tonight were even awesome! Sorry your wife doesn't like lamb...how many times did she try it? Just curious because Guerry kept thinking he didn't like lamb because of something but couldn't quite remember what. He's thinking now that it was maybe mutton in a dish or the spices used or cooking method. I just know this simple method rocks!

I've been eating lamb since I was a kid in Aus...and even younger eating mutton.
Looks good, enjoy the learning curve. Lamb has a flavor that needs to be worked with, not covered or modified.

FWIW I can eat an entire lamb of pork chops like popsickles standing in front of a hot skillet cooking them two at a time with salt and pepper.
Our lamb over the last few years is from the high plateaus of Colorado.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.

The lamb looks great. I've never understood why lamb isn't more popular than it is. Maybe the price, but it is so simple to prepare, and so farkin tender. The Greek in me is really happy to see somebody new try some lamb. Now throw that on some pita with some tzatziki and you'll really be in business. Great work :thumb:

Braised shanks for this...or kabob cubed out of whatever cut is handy.

The two chops we reheated tonight were even awesome! Sorry your wife doesn't like lamb...how many times did she try it? Just curious because Guerry kept thinking he didn't like lamb because of something but couldn't quite remember what. He's thinking now that it was maybe mutton in a dish or the spices used or cooking method. I just know this simple method rocks!

Since we have been together never, she says she tried it before and didn`t like it. She said the same thing about venison but one time I cooked some up and put the leftovers in the fridge and when she got home from work she heated it up and ate it and had seconds. I think it is just as mental thing cus they are cute animals. :rolleyes:

Back